PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what's wrong with me and I'm scared?

pluperfecthell
05-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm only 16. Let me start off by saying that I've been experiencing anxiety for years, but my mom has just brushed it off and didn't get me help. After what I've experienced this month, she's finally agreed to take me to a psychiatrist.

This is my third week of feeling like utter crap. It all started when I woke up one morning with a pain at the back of my head. When I felt around, there was a lump. My best friend told me it was small and red, and not to worry about it, as did everyone else. It felt sore and hurt even more when I would look up because that put pressure on it. This of course sent me into panic mode thinking something was very wrong with me. I could barely eat or sleep due to my anxiety. Within a few days, it was gone. But then my neck really started to hurt. Then it moved down to my shoulders. Now basically my whole spine hurts. Last night, out of the blue, I got this pressure in my forehead like someone was piling bricks on it and I thought I was going to black out. Felt really dizzy too. Laying down did not help. It moved from my forehead, to the top of my scalp, to behind my ears, etc etc. I now also have this pressure on the left side of my nose and my ear. My face has been feeling tingly and like it's going numb, but I can still feel it. I also get this tingly/numb feeling in my scalp. I get it on the palm of my left hand a lot too, sometimes a random pain will shoot up my forearm. I feel as if my coordination of that hand has gotten worse. I've noticed my hands shake more, but not to the point where it's very noticeable to others. I feel as if my grip has gotten weaker. My right thigh and calves cramp randomly and if I flex any of my muscles, they begin to shake. I just generally feel weak and like my whole body, including my head, is vibrating even when I'm laying down. I get random muscle twitches. I was diagnosed with pretty bad anemia a week ago and I've been taking an iron supplement, and I thought I was getting better until last night.

I don't know what's wrong with me and I hate feeling like this. I want to cry. I'm so scared that something neurological is wrong and that I'm going to die. I don't know if it's stress related or anxiety related or something more serious. My doctor doesn't exactly take me very seriously because she's aware that I'm a hypochondriac. I don't know, I just need some reassurance that I'm not going to drop dead or that something life-threatening is wrong with me...

Bandit
05-24-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure you have nothing wrong or that you'll drop dead as I have experienced each and every sensation you have listed. I get varying sensations every day. The more I focus on it and analyse it the worse it gets. Then the next day I'll get another.

Its the anxiety cycle and its a classic. Horrible feelings, fear, more horrible feelings, dread. Convincing yourself something is very very wrong with you.

They feel horrible don't they. I hope you don't feel so alone though because I have the exact same thing, to the point where I convince myself I have numerous diseases.

I look back at old fears I had though and theyre almost comical and can't believe I thought I had something!

shaikhrahuf
05-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Hi, I'm new here and I'm only 16. Let me start off by saying that I've been experiencing anxiety for years, but my mom has just brushed it off and didn't get me help. After what I've experienced this month, she's finally agreed to take me to a psychiatrist.

This is my third week of feeling like utter crap. It all started when I woke up one morning with a pain at the back of my head. When I felt around, there was a lump. My best friend told me it was small and red, and not to worry about it, as did everyone else. It felt sore and hurt even more when I would look up because that put pressure on it. This of course sent me into panic mode thinking something was very wrong with me. I could barely eat or sleep due to my anxiety. Within a few days, it was gone. But then my neck really started to hurt. Then it moved down to my shoulders. Now basically my whole spine hurts. Last night, out of the blue, I got this pressure in my forehead like someone was piling bricks on it and I thought I was going to black out. Felt really dizzy too. Laying down did not help. It moved from my forehead, to the top of my scalp, to behind my ears, etc etc. I now also have this pressure on the left side of my nose and my ear. My face has been feeling tingly and like it's going numb, but I can still feel it. I also get this tingly/numb feeling in my scalp. I get it on the palm of my left hand a lot too, sometimes a random pain will shoot up my forearm. I feel as if my coordination of that hand has gotten worse. I've noticed my hands shake more, but not to the point where it's very noticeable to others. I feel as if my grip has gotten weaker. My right thigh and calves cramp randomly and if I flex any of my muscles, they begin to shake. I just generally feel weak and like my whole body, including my head, is vibrating even when I'm laying down. I get random muscle twitches. I was diagnosed with pretty bad anemia a week ago and I've been taking an iron supplement, and I thought I was getting better until last night.

I don't know what's wrong with me and I hate feeling like this. I want to cry. I'm so scared that something neurological is wrong and that I'm going to die. I don't know if it's stress related or anxiety related or something more serious. My doctor doesn't exactly take me very seriously because she's aware that I'm a hypochondriac. I don't know, I just need some reassurance that I'm not going to drop dead or that something life-threatening is wrong with me...

Buddy.. nothing is wrong with u, its just a viscious cycle which is going on, same was happening to me, while typing i am getting twicthing in my stomach, cant do anything, ur doc will take care it with meds, and browse some nice breathing and relaxation exercises on youtube, PS dont keep googling ur symptoms it will make u feel worse.. ask in forum dont worry v r all in same boat with a storm which is juz making us nervous, and its harmless.. keep calm take deep breaths and focua on it..

pluperfecthell
05-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the replies and some reasssurance! This has been driving me nuts for the past 3 weeks. I'm anxious, stressed and just feel like crying all the time which makes everything 100x worse. I don't even feel like myself, but this head/nose/ear pressure has been concerning me combined with the aches and vibrating on my neck and back sooo I think I'm going to the ER tonight or tomorrow.