PDA

View Full Version : Xanax and blackouts

princesskj
05-24-2013, 05:53 AM
So I havnt really taken Xanax lately because it makes me blackout for a few seconds, but given everything I was going thru I had taken one because of my panic attacks. So this morning I had a blackout. Why does this happen to me? Has anyone else experienced this?

Enduronman
05-24-2013, 06:17 AM
It's because you're intensely focusing all of your mind energy on the fact that you had to take a tiny pill to cope..as if you're so apprehensive about the whole idea and wondering what is going to happen now? Then, something happens. A blackout. I have never heard of this before in any discussions, use, research about xanax. Unless of course it's 5mg at one time, which I know that more then likely its .25 (1/4th of 1mg)...Try to stop expecting an explosion because when you do plan for it, it explodes. Hope that makes sense!

Just my opinions friend!

alankay
05-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Maybe the dose was a bit high. How much did you take? Alankay

princesskj
05-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Only 1/2 of .5 mg

princesskj
05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
It's because you're intensely focusing all of your mind energy on the fact that you had to take a tiny pill to cope..as if you're so apprehensive about the whole idea and wondering what is going to happen now? Then, something happens. A blackout. I have never heard of this before in any discussions, use, research about xanax. Unless of course it's 5mg at one time, which I know that more then likely its .25 (1/4th of 1mg)...Try to stop expecting an explosion because when you do plan for it, it explodes. Hope that makes sense!

Just my opinions friend!

That's not the case I've taken it for years with no problem. This has just happened over the last 6 months or so. Which I rarely take them

Enduronman
05-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Yes, that's .25mg (1/4 of 1mg).. Your blackout has 0 to do with this medication.

shaikhrahuf
05-24-2013, 09:53 AM
So I havnt really taken Xanax lately because it makes me blackout for a few seconds, but given everything I was going thru I had taken one because of my panic attacks. So this morning I had a blackout. Why does this happen to me? Has anyone else experienced this?

Princess it happens, for sure its not bcoz of meds which u r taking, its becoz ur putting all ur energy in focussing something which is not to be focussed, divert ur mind and keep doing stuff, dont keep thinking abt it or else it will turn into a cycle..

janey
05-24-2013, 12:20 PM
A blackout from .25 mg of Xanax? That's like the lowest dose. Maybe a 10 year old would blackout from that. You said you've been taking it for years, so perhaps your blackouts are from something else?

alankay
05-24-2013, 01:29 PM
That's a low dose so might not be from xanax unless you are very much effected by it but I doubt it. Alankay

scared44
05-24-2013, 03:36 PM

Hi can you explaine your blackouts like what actually happens? Also xanax cant cause you to blackout unless you take quite a few. Hope your feeling better! :)