PDA

View Full Version : fed up of feeling this way,every day is a struggle

kilmarnock37
05-23-2013, 08:02 PM
its now nearly 3 am and im still awake,im fed up feeling this way,panic and anxiety every day,its a real struggle,has been for the past 19 years..just want them to stop,just want them to go away,dont even know what in panicing about...no deep routed problems causing them.....ive learned to control em over the years but some days wow they hit me for six.some days this place helps me just reading that obv im not the only one that struggles every day some days it makes me worse reading others posts.its a great place to get the advice we need and a vent to get rid of our frustrations.....just wondered what some of you coping stratageys are ans if like me your tired n fed up with the daily struggle which is life an panics..............

Enduronman
05-23-2013, 08:42 PM
I can truly empathize with you here..45 years of this! I'm still waiting for my awards for making it this far!...

New challenges, every single day.

We'll get through this though.

E-Man.

Lin
05-23-2013, 09:42 PM
its now nearly 3 am and im still awake,im fed up feeling this way,panic and anxiety every day,its a real struggle,has been for the past 19 years..just want them to stop,just want them to go away,dont even know what in panicing about...no deep routed problems causing them.....ive learned to control em over the years but some days wow they hit me for six.some days this place helps me just reading that obv im not the only one that struggles every day some days it makes me worse reading others posts.its a great place to get the advice we need and a vent to get rid of our frustrations.....just wondered what some of you coping stratageys are ans if like me your tired n fed up with the daily struggle which is life an panics..............

Sorry to hear you are struggling and have been for so many years. I find every day a struggle too, and have had bouts of it over the past 28 years. This time it has lasted since March 2011 and both me and my husband are struggling with it.
I have recently had two knee operations and a gynae operation and just returned to work again after 10 weeks off. Unfortunately, my job is very pressured and high profile within the organisation I work, and my old boss who retired in October I had worked for him for 12 years and he cared enough to leave my job open for me even when off for 5 months in 2011 and even visited me every week during my 7 weeks in hospital in 2011. Unfortunately, my new boss is not the same and has not welcomed me back with open arms this time and warned me about showing signs of "mental illness" and the possibility of being redeployed if do. So even though work has always been a pressure and struggle for me with depression and anxiety it is even worse now with new boss and feel like on probation to prove OK to do the job which adds on more pressure to my head every day.
Also my husband has had carer support in 2011 and has agreed to go on two courses this year to help understand and help me recover, but I make our home life a daily struggle because I come home from work so tired and frustrated at acting "normal" all day and under pressure.
Every day I feel like my head is going to explode with the pressure from work and home etc.
The only way I have been coping with it recently is to attend a weekly Buddha meditation group, a twice monthly christian meditation group, and now I have just set up an evening peer support group so that I have something to concentrate on building up and working on outside of work.
I also practise at least 5 minutes meditation every day at home, just sat quiet concentrating on the breath, and also go to a reflexologist who I have found particularly good for me and my body. (I have been to previous ones and they have not worked for me at the moment.)
I also buy many books on ways to improve from my depression and anxiety, so got lots of books on mindfulness, ACT (acceptance commitment theory) and alternative to CBT, accupressure, Buddha books, self help books recommended on this forum and by other people. Unfortunately, although I can concentrate at work I am unable to read and concentrate at home, so have to dip into these books rather than read them properly as usually would.
I also see a Community Psychiatrict Nurse every two weeks so that I can offload any problems in my head, and do any work with him he thinks will help me, and also know he is at the end of the phone during the week if need him, or Crisis number available 24 hours if need to talk to anyone else who knows all about me and the right thing to say to stop me when considering doing something stupid.
I have also gone on any NHS or Recovery Education Service course I have been able to - helps me to learn techniques to help with work and home, but also gives me the opportunity to meet and talk with people who understand and to make new friends to keep in contact with.
Sorry, long and rambling, but hope it may give you some ideas for finding ways of coping or to get some new interests to help.
Lin