PDA

View Full Version : A Whole New Way to Live

poetdoc
05-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm a college professor in Mississippi, and after 12 years of misdiagnosis and improper medication, I've finally been re-diagnosed with Severe Anxiety Disorder without agoraphobia (My doc says if I can even walk into a classroom, I couldn't possibly be agoraphobic. :). It's a whole different world now, with meds that work and the possibility I might be able to handle my stress. I have had 3 "stress breakdowns" (or minor nervous breakdowns, depending on who you talk to) over the past 15 months, and my PCP told me my body probably wouldn't survive a 4th (I'm diabetic and have blood pressure issues, so my body just "shuts down").

Looks like I caught it just in time...

NixonRulz
05-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Hi, I'm Jeff. I'm a college professor in Mississippi, and after 12 years of misdiagnosis and improper medication, I've finally been re-diagnosed with Severe Anxiety Disorder without agoraphobia (My doc says if I can even walk into a classroom, I couldn't possibly be agoraphobic. :). It's a whole different world now, with meds that work and the possibility I might be able to handle my stress. I have had 3 "stress breakdowns" (or minor nervous breakdowns, depending on who you talk to) over the past 15 months, and my PCP told me my body probably wouldn't survive a 4th (I'm diabetic and have blood pressure issues, so my body just "shuts down").

Being properly diagnosed is a huge deal. Now you can learn and understand what it is you are experiencing

There are some great meds to help through this

Great attitude by looking at it as I caught it in time instead of beating yourself up over this

Lots of room on this path to healing

Jump aboard

Enduronman
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Welcome Professor!

This is all great news to see. I can empathize with the "shut down" thing too.

E-Man.

Lin
05-28-2013, 07:55 PM

Just posting on the forum and finding that there are so many of us suffering in our own way with these horrible depression and anxiety problems will help you I am sure, and I hope that you find the help and support from people on the forum which i have found, and it is so good to realise that you are not alone suffering with all of this.