PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please it would help me!

sharacel91
05-21-2013, 03:32 PM
So I started counselling this evening I don't know what the outcome is going to be but we will see... Only time will tell. Can I have some opinions please... Do you think I should go with CBT or counselling? Any experiences will be good thanks :)

Enduronman
05-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Either one is a great place to start! :)

Willo1982
05-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Enduroman is right either will help however I have had CBT in the past and am having more CBT now and I find it very helpful in managing my anxiety. I had CBT last yr for mild depression and high anxiety and it really done me the world of good. Now im getting further CBT for health anxiety. Seeking help is a great start to getting yourself healthy again.

Stephj526
05-21-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry, this may sound stupid but what is CBT? I'm new to all this anxiety and am still learning.

Willo1982
05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
CBT stands for Cognitive behavioral therapy. Its a type of counciling to help change the way you think. I see a psychologist who specializes in anxiety so she was able to help me re-train my thought process with generalize anxiety but now im suffering from healty anxiety. So I need further CBT. Hopefully this is not confusing.

scared44
05-22-2013, 12:16 AM
So I started counselling this evening I don't know what the outcome is going to be but we will see... Only time will tell. Can I have some opinions please... Do you think I should go with CBT or counselling? Any experiences will be good thanks :)

Hi I start CBT on Friday will let you know what went on ok!! Take Care :-)

locksey
05-22-2013, 11:08 AM

If uve got things to talk out or childhood stuff etc then counselling/ or a psychologist wud be gd ...
But also psychologist can help with anxiety etc or as others have mentioned CBT... I havnt dun that but there is talk ov me maybe goin it at a later stage but need to be referred