PDA

View Full Version : All she wants is some help

Wren
08-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm a 17 year old girl going into my senior year in high school. I suffer from extreme social anxiety, to the point that it is debilitating in all aspects of my life to a very serious and drastic extreme. I would go into descriptions...but I'm sure, for once, you are people who already know and understand. For the past year or so I have been desperately wanting to seek professional help for this...not only social anxiety but the depression and the extremely distorted views and issues I have with my body that tie into it. My mom knows about all of these problems. She sees them in me every day. She sees me hurting and aching and suffering every day. And I have even ASKED..asked...and let her know I wanted help for it...and she always just seems to brush it off. I don't know what to do. I need and want help so bad. ...really, what can I do?

hail to the thief
08-16-2007, 12:02 PM
hi

The reason she probably runs from your problem is that it may feel like she is a bad parent.
Maybe you should plan a time with your mum so that she can't get away from it. Then sit her down and tell her how you feel. It sounds like you need her, so don't give up on her. If you can make her accept you are unhappy with your anxiety, then she can start to understand.

If you feel you can't talk to her or she still doesn't understand, maybe you should book a time at your doctors and discuss it with them. They may be able to recommend something to calm your anxieties or jsut help them in general.
I myself have just booked an appointment with my doctors. I was on another board with people who haev done the same and they have found that it really helped. They also may refer you to someone else who is an expert especially on social anxiety.

Anyway, i suffer from social anxiety pretty severly too, so i may be talking rubbish.
Feel free to message me if you want to chat about it.