PDA

View Full Version : Withdraw

Samantha34
05-20-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm having withdraw symptoms of Paxil. My anxiety has reduced since I got off Paxil just two days ago but now I'm having that weird feeling in my head and feeling sick to my stomach. I had both those symptoms when I first started taking Paxil. I hate how my head feels it just isn't normal. Almost like I'm in a daze. And sometimes I feel dizzy when I stand up. Will this go away?

jessed03
05-20-2013, 12:22 PM
It will. Paxil is known for being reaaaaaally nasty to withdraw from. If it doesnt go soon, go back up to a higher dose, and re try your withdrawal at a slower rate.

Samantha34
05-20-2013, 12:34 PM
It will. Paxil is known for being reaaaaaally nasty to withdraw from. If it doesnt go soon, go back up to a higher dose, and re try your withdrawal at a slower rate.

I took less and less everyday. And then when I was almost finished and forgot to take it. It was only 2 days ago. I am going to see my therapist today. Do you think I should ask her about it? My doctor told me to stay on it but I didn't listen because it was making me worse instead of better. So I took it upon myself to start weaning myself off it.

alankay
05-20-2013, 12:45 PM
It takes time for these to work fully so I hope you gave it a fair trial.
Anyway taper down slowly after resuming the dose that you feel OK on(1/2 the former dose maybe) and slowly taper off over a period of weeks...longer sometimes.
Yes it will fade away in time.
Another ssri might be a better choice for you and yes, do talk this over with the therapist. Alankay

Samantha34
05-20-2013, 12:53 PM
It takes time for these to work fully so I hope you gave it a fair trial.
Anyway taper down slowly after resuming the dose that you feel OK on(1/2 the former dose maybe) and slowly taper off over a period of weeks...longer sometimes.
Yes it will fade away in time.
Another ssri might be a better choice for you and yes, do talk this over with the therapist. Alankay

I did I gave it 2 months to work and all it did was make my anxiety worse. I'm about to leave to see my therapist so I will talk to her about it. Good thing I'm not driving cuz I really don't feel good. It's hard to just stand up and walk because of the sick feeling I'm getting.