PDA

View Full Version : nervous Stomach problems with anxiety please help

mglover92
05-20-2013, 11:42 AM
The past month or so I have had real issues with my stomach. I cant get rid of this nervous feeling. It almost hurts. I dont know what it is. Sometimes it bothers me and sometimes it doesnt. Does anyone know any ideas that I can use to sooth this pain> I know its anxiety related. The funny thing is I could be feeling fine but this shit makes everything worse! I cant stand it. Its ust a constant nervous feeling. Will it go away in time?

missmello
05-20-2013, 06:09 PM
I had serious stomach issues for 2 months to the point where I stopped eating and lost quite a bit of weight in a short amount of time. I wasn't sure it was anxiety in the beginning, but once all the tests came back negative, I was like OK! Snap out of it! Took klonopin 2x a day for about a month until it finally went away. And I also kept myself busy with doing things around the house to take my mind off it. It eventually went away, but it took a while.

mglover92
05-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I had serious stomach issues for 2 months to the point where I stopped eating and lost quite a bit of weight in a short amount of time. I wasn't sure it was anxiety in the beginning, but once all the tests came back negative, I was like OK! Snap out of it! Took klonopin 2x a day for about a month until it finally went away. And I also kept myself busy with doing things around the house to take my mind off it. It eventually went away, but it took a while.

Thanks missmello =]. Glad their is hope it will go away! Its terrible! Feels like you got to run to the toilet every 5 seconds...lol. When distracted though its gone. Overall my anxiety has been doing alot better recently. OCD is slowing becoming under more control ;)

mglover92
05-21-2013, 01:24 PM
bump for more advice

Enduronman
05-21-2013, 03:37 PM
I also have what seems to be stomach problems and only because its in that area. It isn't actually an upset stomach although in your case it may be. My issue is that when I am disturbed in some way, angry, that the abdominal muscles contract to a point of burning. It is caused by of course the chemical dump into my internal systems caused by anxiety. Troubling issue first, abdominal pain second, body is arming itself for protection from internal injury, but there is no one standing in front of me with a sword. It doesn't know that.

In your case, it may possibly be related to nothing more then what you eat or drink daily. Remove one of those commonly used foods or beverages from your diet and see which one or any makes a difference in how your stomach feels. It will be a quickly noticeable result too. You just may not like, what you figured out that it was.

:)