PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure I had a seizure.

NativeLady_2010
05-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Well I am doing a lot better with my panic and anxiety. I even went on a business trip!!! Last year I couldn't even go out of the city without anxiety. I had a little going up there but I did it! 4 hours away and I stayed for 4 days. I am still amazed.

I came back Thursday night. I went to work the Friday morning. Then by friday night I was exhausted and still feeling a little out of sorts. I fell asleep and the next thing I know I was surrounded by my family and paramedics. They had been trying to wake me up for over 30 mins! I am staying at my parents house. My 5 year old daughter went up to my moms room and said "mamas acting crazy" no one still knows what she means, but my mother came downstairs and said my head was hanging off the bed and I was slobbering thick saliva out of my mouth. She shook me and screamed and I was unresponsive. Then my dad came down and lifted me from the bed and shook me. No response. Thats when they got freaked out and called the paramedics. When I woke up I had no idea what was going on. I felt like it was a dream. They were asking me simple questions like what the date was and I couldn't even talk. I was extremely disoriented. By the time I got to the hospital I was fine. Except for my tongue, I bite the sides and its swollen and the tip is bruised. but other then that its like nothing happened. They took blood work and urine and said I was physically fine. More then likely it was a combination of exhaustion, stress and anxiety. I have had deep sleep before and bite my tongue in my sleep. Twice before in the last 3 years. The first time my boyfriend woke me up and said he had a little trouble waking me up. I'm now anxious because of what happen. The loss of control is freaking me out. I've been dealing with panic and anxiety for 16 years and I have never heard of anything like this. I'm afraid I am going to have a huge seizure and die. I am going to try and go to a doctor but I don't have insurance and I can't afford a brain scan. I'm terrified.

Lin
05-19-2013, 10:18 PM
I hope you find a way to find out what is wrong with you - just knowing what is causing you this problem will help you. Probably once they find out what it is they will be able to give you medication to help or prevent it happening.
Can understand how worried you must be, and how it is affecting your life.
Hope this forum is able to give you kindness and support you need, and you might find someone who understands the attacks you are having.
People on the forum are very kind and helpful, hope you get the support you need.

nancyga2013
05-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Well I am doing a lot better with my panic and anxiety. I even went on a business trip!!! Last year I couldn't even go out of the city without anxiety. I had a little going up there but I did it! 4 hours away and I stayed for 4 days. I am still amazed.

I came back Thursday night. I went to work the Friday morning. Then by friday night I was exhausted and still feeling a little out of sorts. I fell asleep and the next thing I know I was surrounded by my family and paramedics. They had been trying to wake me up for over 30 mins! I am staying at my parents house. My 5 year old daughter went up to my moms room and said "mamas acting crazy" no one still knows what she means, but my mother came downstairs and said my head was hanging off the bed and I was slobbering thick saliva out of my mouth. She shook me and screamed and I was unresponsive. Then my dad came down and lifted me from the bed and shook me. No response. Thats when they got freaked out and called the paramedics. When I woke up I had no idea what was going on. I felt like it was a dream. They were asking me simple questions like what the date was and I couldn't even talk. I was extremely disoriented. By the time I got to the hospital I was fine. Except for my tongue, I bite the sides and its swollen and the tip is bruised. but other then that its like nothing happened. They took blood work and urine and said I was physically fine. More then likely it was a combination of exhaustion, stress and anxiety. I have had deep sleep before and bite my tongue in my sleep. Twice before in the last 3 years. The first time my boyfriend woke me up and said he had a little trouble waking me up. I'm now anxious because of what happen. The loss of control is freaking me out. I've been dealing with panic and anxiety for 16 years and I have never heard of anything like this. I'm afraid I am going to have a huge seizure and die. I am going to try and go to a doctor but I don't have insurance and I can't afford a brain scan. I'm terrified.

I have heard of stress causing seizures in people! Sometimes I feel like I will have one with the twitches! It scares me! And i'm not trying to scare you at all but usually they will do a CT scan at least of the brain if you have a seizure just to make sure things check out alright! So I suppose maybe the doctors did not feel this was necessary? My mom used to have seizures but she only had them (after) brain surgeries.

smoore
05-21-2013, 04:04 PM
I constantly feel like I'm going to have a seizure. I think about it all the time. What kind of twitches do you get?