PDA

View Full Version : Need help

thousandoaksgirl
09-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know of a way to over come agoraphobia. In need to know what steps I need to take to get over it

brickyard_red
09-26-2005, 06:08 AM
Hmmmmm, I don't think anyone really knows how to "get rid of" agoraphobia. I'm sure there are steps to take to start to work on it and maybe eventually learn to keep it under control. But I believe it is a process that should be aided by professional help. I'm sure that there are tips that some of the members here can give you, but I don't know if it will help you totally get rid of what you struggle with.

Do you have any ways that you try and use to cope with what you feel at this time? I know there have been different techniques mentioned here before on how different people cope with their anxieties and fears while out of the home setting and sometimes while in the home setting too.

I believe it is a process that is going to take a little time and that you can't just expect to "get better" overnight. I know you don't want to wait, but have patience, I think it will be worth it in the end. If you ever need to talk, I'd be willing to listen. You have alot of friends here that will help how they can.

Cath :)