PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

xxJessJaimsxx
05-18-2013, 01:52 AM
I had panic attacks for 16 yrs..just recently and right now my throat hurts a bit but it feels like my throat is closing yet I can breathe but hurts a wee bit to swallow. Anyone ever experience this? It's scaring me!

alankay
05-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Yes, anxiety can make feel out of breath, etc, and is indeed scary. Try controlled slow breathing while sitting and relaxing your entire body especially the muscles of the head, neck, jaws and shoulders. Often you can defuse anxiety that way or at least reduce it. Alankay

xxJessJaimsxx
05-18-2013, 02:07 PM
Yes, anxiety can make feel out of breath, etc, and is indeed scary. Try controlled slow breathing while sitting and relaxing your entire body especially the muscles of the head, neck, jaws and shoulders. Often you can defuse anxiety that way or at least reduce it. Alankay

Thanks for the reply and I do the breathing sometimes and it doesn't do much. I just wish my mind would shut up. I've longed to meditate but my mind runs like a tape recorder over and over again. I envy my wife cos she can do it..ugh. Is there a place on here where I can share my life story? I'd like everyone to know about who I am and tell of my tragedy..if I may?