PDA

View Full Version : I cant endure any more!!!

happy_7777
05-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Hey guys!
I have a big problem which i cant deal with. I constantly imagine different situations in which i find myself fighting with other people. Ive been like "What if this or that happens"- and this throughout the day...I lead conversations in my mind and i always become the victim. Im afraid that some of them may happen indeed ... And this fear is chasing me everywhere, all the time..
I feel weak..I havent been calm and completely happy for a really long time...There's always something that appears on my mind , particularly different bad situations..

Today i decided to look at google and i found 1 sentence which best describes what im going through - "Anxiety is feeling unrealistic fear, worry, and uneasiness, usually generalized and unfocused"

One thing which may surprise you is that im visiting a psychiatrist since 2010. Back then i had other problems and for these 2 years ive constantly been taking "Abilify" pills. I really dont think i need them any more. I shared with my psychiatrist about the anxiety i feel. Maybe i havent expressed in the right way because she said that "being worried is a normal psychological condition". Im sorry but....HOW CAN THIS BE NORMAL????Should i mention about the anxiety again when i go next time?

Id be happy to hear the thoughts of other people who have experienced what i described 1st. (sorry if there are mistakes but english isnt my native language)

half2teach
05-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Maybe direct that thought to something positive everytime you feel it coming in your head. Put a rubber band around your wrist and when you even suspect you are having a in the mind conversation, pop yourself with it. Also there is a book by Dale Carnegy called How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. Those are only suggestions. Plus I like to read scripture from the Bible and meditate on God's faithfullness to me. I am not by anyway saying you have to do that. I don't know your faith.

NixonRulz
05-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Being worried is a normal condition for most people.

But if you have an anxiety disorder, your worry controls your actions and thoughts

What if thoughts are essentially the dooming sentence for people like us

Once you get that under control, meaning your grasp that anxiety is the driving force and nothing else, it releases its grip