PDA

View Full Version : GAD - Anxiety Pen Pal over email?

GeneralWorrier
05-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been suffering from anxiety for about 10 months now and it's taking over my life. I'm a 17 year old female from the UK and wondered if anyone would like to become more familiar and be there for each other over email. Whether its letting out how you feel or overcoming problems together, yes this should be your family and friends but its not like that for me. My family don't understand no matter how much I explain to them, they use it against me if anything, me and my mum had a few cross words and when I'd left the room she said "Oh go and get some more tablets". It upsets me so much I close up and never say anything to anyone, I used to think that was the best way but it doesn't look like it so maybe this way will work?

I'd email back everyday and try and give my best advice, help and support to you. The only thing I ask for is the same in return, it has to work both ways and if you think this could help you then I'm willing to give it a try. Is there anyone out there who feels the same about this? :( Please can you reply with your age too, thank you for reading this and I hope someone is out there who can help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

jessed03
05-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Hey GW :)

Where are you from in the UK?

I think the buddy system is a great idea. It works so well for support groups like Alcoholics Anon, and the like. Having extra support seems to keep people more rational, and has been proven to aid recovery. I've always wanted to see people do more of it!

I'm in more of an advanced stage of anxiety now. I feel I've come out of the other end of that long tunnel, perhaps you are looking more for people at a similar stage in the condition as yourself, but I'll start the ball rolling, and say if you ever wanted to chat, you could reach me here! (Im 23 btw!)

GeneralWorrier
05-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Hey Jesse

I'm from Derby, I couldn't find how to add the information to my profile as I've only joined today haha! Thank you I really appreciate it, I'll probably take you up on that offer as things are getting tough just recently :/ only if you don't mind though, I don't want to be a hindrance :)

shaikhrahuf
05-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been suffering from anxiety for about 10 months now and it's taking over my life. I'm a 17 year old female from the UK and wondered if anyone would like to become more familiar and be there for each other over email. Whether its letting out how you feel or overcoming problems together, yes this should be your family and friends but its not like that for me. My family don't understand no matter how much I explain to them, they use it against me if anything, me and my mum had a few cross words and when I'd left the room she said "Oh go and get some more tablets". It upsets me so much I close up and never say anything to anyone, I used to think that was the best way but it doesn't look like it so maybe this way will work?

I'd email back everyday and try and give my best advice, help and support to you. The only thing I ask for is the same in return, it has to work both ways and if you think this could help you then I'm willing to give it a try. Is there anyone out there who feels the same about this? :( Please can you reply with your age too, thank you for reading this and I hope someone is out there who can help.

For sure.. we are all same.. also u can Privatee message individually.. my email is shaikhrahuf@yahoo(dot)com

andyw
05-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Hey guys,

Im 23 and suffering bad anxiety also. I would like to get involved in the buddy system also.

I try to talk to my mum about what im feeling but she finds it hard to understand also.

and im from gloucesterhire in the uk.

Andy

GeneralWorrier
05-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Hey guys,

Im 23 and suffering bad anxiety also. I would like to get involved in the buddy system also.

I try to talk to my mum about what im feeling but she finds it hard to understand also.

and im from gloucesterhire in the uk.

Andy

Hey Andy

I feel the same as you, I could be your buddy but of course only if you wanted to. I completely understand if not :)

jessed03
05-16-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm from Derby,

Eh up me duck. Im from Derby!

Was that a good impression? :P You can message me anytime, Im always happy to hear experiences, and share stories with people. :)

I would like to get involved in the buddy system also.

Once you guys get to 10 posts, you can send Private Messages with email contact details. Or you could post it here (if you're ok with that like Shaik is) and people can get in touch with each other! This has potential to be good!

andyw
05-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Sounds good to me

My email address is burning_aces

andyw
05-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Sounds good to me !

My email address is burning_aces

andyw
05-16-2013, 10:55 AM
At hotmail.co.uk

Sorry has to post individually as needed more posts to post links

GeneralWorrier
05-16-2013, 10:56 AM
At hotmail.co.uk

Sorry has to post individually as needed more posts to post links

That's okay :) I'll send an email to you so you know it's me!

GeneralWorrier
05-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Eh up me duck. Im from Derby!

Was that a good impression? :P You can message me anytime, Im always happy to hear experiences, and share stories with people. :)

Once you guys get to 10 posts, you can send Private Messages with email contact details. Or you could post it here (if you're ok with that like Shaik is) and people can get in touch with each other! This has potential to be good!

Haha it was a brilliant impression! Thank you, you're lovely :) lets hope it turns out good, it might help people cope a lot more easier!

alankay
05-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah family often doesn't "get it" so we're here!!! Alankay

Samantha34
05-16-2013, 01:53 PM
I would love to also do the buddy system. I tell my family and my boyfriend and they try to rationalize with me and I understand where they are coming from but my anxiety doesn't rationalize it doesn't believe what's true. It's hard for me because I want to do what they tell me but my anxiety makes it so hard to actually do it. You can e mail me at [email protected]. If anyone else wants to e mail me feel free too.

jessed03
05-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Yeah family often doesn't "get it" so we're here!!! Alankay

By the way, if you want to reach alankay, his email is [email protected] ;)

Edit: Thats not a real email address!

Samantha34
05-16-2013, 07:21 PM
I would love to also do the buddy system. I tell my family and my boyfriend and they try to rationalize with me and I understand where they are coming from but my anxiety doesn't rationalize it doesn't believe what's true. It's hard for me because I want to do what they tell me but my anxiety makes it so hard to actually do it. You can e mail me at [email protected]. If anyone else wants to e mail me feel free too.

Forgot to say I'm 21

shaikhrahuf
05-17-2013, 12:59 AM
my email id
[email protected]
I also use whatsapp, kik, fb, skype.

GeneralWorrier
05-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Forgot to say I'm 21

Hey Sam :)

I'm not sure if you've already emailed someone but I'd be happy to if you haven't, just let me know and I'll drop you an email. I'm here for anyone who wants help, even if its just to gain new friends who understand!

Samantha34
05-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Hey Sam :)

I'm not sure if you've already emailed someone but I'd be happy to if you haven't, just let me know and I'll drop you an email. I'm here for anyone who wants help, even if its just to gain new friends who understand!

You can e mail me whenever you would like :)

GeneralWorrier
05-17-2013, 02:46 PM
You can e mail me whenever you would like :)

Ahh says failure to deliver the email as you don't have an sbcglobal.net account :)

Samantha34
05-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Ahh says failure to deliver the email as you don't have an sbcglobal.net account :)

That's odd. What's your email?

GeneralWorrier
05-17-2013, 03:03 PM
That's odd. What's your email?

Sorry it won't let me post links but it's generalworrier and then it has 'atyahoo.co.uk' on the end :)

Samantha34
05-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Sorry it won't let me post links but it's generalworrier and then it has 'atyahoo.co.uk' on the end :)

Sent you an e mail

GeneralWorrier
05-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Sent you an e mail

Just replied :)