PDA

View Full Version : help me please

ImChad
05-15-2013, 10:28 PM
Hi, I'm worried about my blood pressure. I just started taking it a week ago and I've been having horrible hypochondria. Laying down late at night I'm getting numbers like 120/65 and when I'm sitting it's about 110-115/70-75. I read online that it's normal for the systolic to be a little higher when you're laying down and the dialostic to be a little lower? I also have a pretty low heart rate when I'm at rest bcuz I work out daily and have been taking high grade fish oil for 2 years(I'm 24). Late at night in bed my heart rate is about 50. I can't stop worrying! This generalized anxiety is ruining me! I constantly get headaches and indigestion bcuz of the constant worrying about my heart.

ImChad
05-15-2013, 10:38 PM
I just took it while laying down with my arm level with my heart and got 121/70 pulse 56.

OCDinTX
05-16-2013, 12:20 AM
Your blood pressure is fine. Some of those readings may be low normal, but they're not in the red zone. Plus you exercise so it should be expected that your heart doesn't need to work as hard.

My BP is almost always on the border of hypotension and my pulse is usually around 50-55, but its been in the 40's.
My doctor just tells me I have a great heart. ;-)

You feeling any better?

ImChad
05-16-2013, 01:38 AM
Your blood pressure is fine. Some of those readings may be low normal, but they're not in the red zone. Plus you exercise so it should be expected that your heart doesn't need to work as hard.

My BP is almost always on the border of hypotension and my pulse is usually around 50-55, but its been in the 40's.
My doctor just tells me I have a great heart. ;-)

You feeling any better?

Yeah I'm feeling alright. I know I don't have high blood pressure I just never want it to be low. That's what I worry about. I'm worried when my pulse gets to 50 when I'm about to sleep that my blood pressure is way low. I guess I just need to trust that my body knows what it's doing.. I treat it good with all the proper food and exercise.

scared44
05-16-2013, 03:04 AM
I just took it while laying down with my arm level with my heart and got 121/70 pulse 56.

Your blood pressure is near on perfect! Stress less and it will be ok:-) xx