PDA

View Full Version : Nervousness while driving?

amberlove833
05-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Is it normal to still feel a bit nervous while driving even though I've had my license for almost a year?

manfromct
05-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Is it normal to still feel a bit nervous while driving even though I've had my license for almost a year?

I believe so. I know friends that have been driving for many years that still feel nervous. I think a lot of it might have to do with, not your driving skills, but being afraid of other people on the road. I feel that being nervous about something is actually a good thing because it makes you more cautious and safe. I do not feel it to be a bad feeling even though it may feel strange. Hope that makes sense :)

amberlove833
05-14-2013, 06:36 PM
I believe so. I know friends that have been driving for many years that still feel nervous. I think a lot of it might have to do with, not your driving skills, but being afraid of other people on the road. I feel that being nervous about something is actually a good thing because it makes you more cautious and safe. I do not feel it to be a bad feeling even though it may feel strange. Hope that makes sense :)

Yes, it makes since (: People can't drive in the south :( lol I'm from georgia

manfromct
05-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Yes, it makes since (: People can't drive in the south :( lol I'm from georgia

Yea, I used to live in Kentucky for about 12 years. I know it's not south south, but same thing with driving. My sister is like that. I used to be real nervous going over bridges cause of the wind. It made me clinch the steering wheel way to hard and my legs would get all tense. So, I know what your feeling :) Again, I do feel it is ok to feel a bit nervous even with all of the unknowns. :)

amberlove833
05-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Yea, I used to live in Kentucky for about 12 years. I know it's not south south, but same thing with driving. My sister is like that. I used to be real nervous going over bridges cause of the wind. It made me clinch the steering wheel way to hard and my legs would get all tense. So, I know what your feeling :) Again, I do feel it is ok to feel a bit nervous even with all of the unknowns. :)

The only time I really "clinch" is when I get next to semi trucks. Them things scare me. o-o

princesskj
05-14-2013, 07:25 PM

I live I Kentucky!! What part did you live in?

manfromct
05-15-2013, 06:30 PM
I live I Kentucky!! What part did you live in?
Nice :) I lived in Paducah for a long time. I went to Heath High and Lone Oak before I joined the military and ended up pretty far away lol.

manfromct
05-15-2013, 06:31 PM
The only time I really "clinch" is when I get next to semi trucks. Them things scare me. o-o

Yea, me too. I see 'em swerve all the time and it makes me wonder how awake they really are.....:/

amberlove833
05-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Yea, me too. I see 'em swerve all the time and it makes me wonder how awake they really are.....:/

Yeah, one bump from them will knock you hard!

manfromct
05-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Yeah, one bump from them will knock you hard!

Or run you over :/ That is my fear...getting stuck under them. I seen a video online on facebook once about a car that got stuck under one after it tried to change lanes, and it crushed the car, but the guy lived. It was on tv and everything too. Ever since then, my anxiety on the road has been a lot worse, but the past year has been ok.

amberlove833
05-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Or run you over :/ That is my fear...getting stuck under them. I seen a video online on facebook once about a car that got stuck under one after it tried to change lanes, and it crushed the car, but the guy lived. It was on tv and everything too. Ever since then, my anxiety on the road has been a lot worse, but the past year has been ok.

Yeah, drunk drivers scare me, too. That's why I refuse to drive late at night.