PDA

View Full Version : After effects of panic attack

AyaHawkeye
05-14-2013, 05:27 PM
I had my first major panic attack on Monday night, ended up in hospital overnight, now home and resting up. I'm guessing it is normal afterwards to have dizzy spells and mini palpitations? I'm kinda scared I'll have another one and I know that fear won't be helping but my heart feel so "on edge", if you know what I mean. Having difficulty with my breathing and can't eat too much or I get short of breath again. Just need the reassurance from people who've had this before as I've never been through it and it was very scary when it happened. Trying to get a daily meditation in to keep the stress down and will be getting an appointment with my GP to follow up on the hospital visit. Thanks in advance,

Aya.

NixonRulz
05-14-2013, 06:59 PM
I had my first major panic attack on Monday night, ended up in hospital overnight, now home and resting up. I'm guessing it is normal afterwards to have dizzy spells and mini palpitations? I'm kinda scared I'll have another one and I know that fear won't be helping but my heart feel so "on edge", if you know what I mean. Having difficulty with my breathing and can't eat too much or I get short of breath again. Just need the reassurance from people who've had this before as I've never been through it and it was very scary when it happened. Trying to get a daily meditation in to keep the stress down and will be getting an appointment with my GP to follow up on the hospital visit. Thanks in advance,

Aya.

It is normal to have those symptoms with anxiety as well as panic.

Being afraid of another one is also normal.

Just keep in mind that nothing happened to you during or after your panic attack. It was scary but not dangerous

That way if you ever experience another one, you will understand that you will be fine.