PDA

View Full Version : Stupid palpitations!!

xxcraigiexx
05-14-2013, 04:44 PM
I try soooo hard to ignore my "flutters" or palpitations but they are so scary. I'll be sitting and doing ok and then bam. I have been checked out by my doctor and am always told I am fine. My mother gets them all the time and she is able to get one and move on. I just find it so hard to believe that this is something a normal healthy heart would do. I am just waiting to go into some crazy rhythm or for my heart to stop all together :(

pusoun
05-14-2013, 05:18 PM
I have this too. It is strange how brain works. Your heart beat is normal but you feel it somehow enhanced. Because brain thinks it is a danger, it is focused on supossed danger, but it is not. For example my brain works sometimes in a same way with itchy scalp, that feeling is so unpleasent and enhanced that I didn't feel anything else and of course brain does not want to experience it again (and is stressing) so it is vicious circle.
But I started to practice mindfulness and it's quite working, I just try to not judge the feeling, just let it be. It somehow works but I practice it all the time not only when I feeling unpleasent. It takes month or even years to embrace that but I think it is worh it not just because anixety but just for happier live.
I stopped take AD and started to do mindfulness and it is much better so far.
Cheers. :)

pusoun
05-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Important question: what do you actualy fear of?