PDA

View Full Version : Fall and winter

superd44688
08-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I am glad I found this place hope it can help. Here is my dilema from March till August of every year I am OK, but once August hits an the days start getting shorter, with fall-winter around the corner the thought of it makes me seem to me crazy. I hate thinking about it getting dark at 5 oclock it makes me apprehensive and it feels like impending doom. After about January(my birthday is in January) the mood and feelings seem to elevate but really takes off in March so I have a six month window. There have been times where I wish I could go into suspended animation from Nov. till March. In the winter months I will awake from a sound sleep in the middle of the night an either have to pace or get in my car and go to Wal Mart(always open brightly lit). Right now in August I just dred the thought of the next 4 1/2 months of pure hell to me. I have heard that this is seasonal depression syndrome to anxiety to panic attacks. I have been on Xanax XR(terrible side effects) to Effexor XR(didn't seem to bad but maybe the Xanax clouded it). So what I'm asking is this normal feelings and if not what can be done. If medication is needed I need to find one that is easy on a person as Xanax is way too harsh.

dorigen
08-14-2007, 07:24 PM
anxiety and depression seem to get worse during the winter months. light therapy works for some people.

Wren
08-16-2007, 09:27 PM
I definitely notice my anxiety and depression become worse in the colder, wintery months. However, it's still not better in the summer months. I'm sure this is the case for a lot of people. Not that that necessarily means it's something you or anyone wouldn't want to get help (medication or otherwise) with.

CallMeCrazy
08-30-2007, 12:01 PM
I feel worse when I'm hot. The fall and winter actually help me feel better because it's my favorite time of year. If I'm inside and having a panic attack the sudden burst of cold outside air helps me feel much better.