PDA

View Full Version : Relapse much??

new to anxiety
05-13-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm new to the forum, and new to anxiety in general. I've been a victim/sufferer/member/slave/???? for about 3 months now. I have found that google can be your best friend and worst enemy when you're trying to learn more about this condition. Perhaps it's because i'm new to it that I can't fathom going through this for years. I have had a few 2 or 3 day stretches where I feel really good and I start to think, "finally, i'm me again, whatever was wrong with my brain or nervous system has worked itself out", then BAM!! Back to the anxiety again, for no reason. Thats what baffles me. No obvious trigger or stressor, just that overall nervous feeling which leads to not feeling right which leads to thinking thats something is physically wrong and then just snowballs from there. Some days I think i'm just anxious about being anxious, and I wake up anxious about whether i'm gonna be anxious that day. I'm on Citalopram, don't know if its doing anything, taking Magnesium, multivitamin, cut way back on coffee, everything I can read about from seasoned sufferers. This is not living!! I feel like I did all the times I tried to quit smoking and failed. After the first couple cigs you just feel down about failing to beat it once again. I did finally quit, so maybe theres hope for this too.

raggamuffin
05-13-2013, 01:54 AM
When you google symptoms make sure to put anxiety at the start. It#ll help you to see how wide the rang of symptoms are. If you just google symptoms you'll no doubt wind up reading about diseases adn such and just increase your fear and worry allowing anxiety and the symptoms to get worse.

Ed

emgem91
05-13-2013, 04:53 AM
Using google is probably the worst thing you can do as you fix symptoms in your mind and then you believe what you read. I'd say the best thing is to always see a doctor if you are worried about disorders etc

raggamuffin
05-13-2013, 05:00 AM
Hence why adding anxiety to a google search changes things drastically. You see just how many symptoms it can cause. or check here

http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php?topic=17050.0

Just don't fixate on symptoms. let them come and go. Don't fight them, or work yourself up adding more stress etc. Do your best to reduce stress and in turn the symptoms will lessen over time.

Ed