PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye zoloft

amy09
05-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Hey guys so I am finally weaning of Zoloft! I took it for 5 months and now my doctor said I can wean off! I'm excited to finally be free lol. But I did take Zoloft the first time 2 years back due to a horrible break up and the weaning process was not bad at all just a little brain zaps here and there.
Can anyone here kind of relate if they ever been through the weaning process of anti depressants? How did it go for you? How long were you on the meds till you decided to wean off?
Btw totally random but if any of you zoloft takers, have y'all experienced no sex drive or very little? It frustrates me and idk if it is just me or the anti depressant?
Anyways if anyone is in kind of the similar boat, id like to hear about your experiences!
:)

acetone
05-13-2013, 05:30 AM
I take zoloft (100 mg) and suffer from high sex drive. It sucks.

Blessed
05-13-2013, 03:52 PM
I take zoloft (100 mg) and suffer from high sex drive. It sucks.

High sex drive or low sex drive?

amy09
05-13-2013, 06:44 PM
My problem with Zoloft is low sex drive and I'm usually tired during the day eventhough I take my pill at night.

raggamuffin
05-14-2013, 01:21 AM
It can be a side effect yes. Then again anxiety and depression sap the enjoyment from many activities in life and sex drive can easily be one of them.

Since taking the medication have you felt it's helped over all? Have you paired it with any form of therapy? What do you think is next on the agenda?

Ed

acetone
05-14-2013, 04:47 AM
High sex drive or low sex drive?

High sex drive

pusoun
05-14-2013, 05:39 PM
When I was on AD I had some stupid sexual side effects like it was very hard to reach orgasm and it was actualy reason I stopped using them. I was frustrating because I didn't enjoy sex much. But now all fun is back again and I feel it is even better than before. :D

amy09
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
The Zoloft did help with my panic, it really calmed me down so that was good! I just want to wean off because its the summer time I'm off to graduate school and maybe ill start being more happy. I was put on because of a horrible break up but I'm starting to get my life back so I think it's time to move on :)

princesskj
05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
The Zoloft did help with my panic, it really calmed me down so that was good! I just want to wean off because its the summer time I'm off to graduate school and maybe ill start being more happy. I was put on because of a horrible break up but I'm starting to get my life back so I think it's time to move on :)

I experienced low sex drive when on it to

smurfychris
05-14-2013, 08:12 PM
As Ragga says I think just anxiety and depression in general squash a lot of that drive.

Lin
05-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Tablets do help but you have to be able to handle their side effects and they have to be the right one for you at that time.