PDA

View Full Version : Lump in throat

anxiousinatlanta
05-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Does anyone else feel like something is in their throat? I've been getting this feeling lately and it's making it hard to breathe. I take a drink to make sure I'm not choking to death. I just feel like there's something in my throat and I have to clear my throat alot.

krayziee
05-12-2013, 02:48 PM
I know this feeling, have had different sensations throat wise, stabbing etc.

anxiousinatlanta
05-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Ok good thanks it's just scary everytime I get a new symptom

jessed03
05-12-2013, 03:02 PM
If we had to compile a list of symptoms most common with anxiety, I think this would make top 3 :) It's nothing at all to worry about, as you now know. Just tense muscles. Its very unpleasant though!

krayziee
05-12-2013, 03:05 PM
I know how scary it is, im now lying on bed because i feel so bad and don't know the feeling so scared to even move.

Anxiety it freaks me out, it's driving me, it creeps me out. "krizz kaliko - Anxiety" nice song if u like rap.

Samantha34
05-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Does anyone else feel like something is in their throat? I've been getting this feeling lately and it's making it hard to breathe. I take a drink to make sure I'm not choking to death. I just feel like there's something in my throat and I have to clear my throat alot.

I had this right about the time my anxiety started. It got me so paranoid that I was going to the doctors all the time and then I stopped eating in December. Finally just about a week ago my therapist made me promise that I would eat. I'm eating again and I get the same feeling sometimes you just have to remember that it's nothing and that you will be fine. If you have to lay down for a bit. The feeling will pass and you will be fine. Don't let it get to you, I know it's hard but try your best.

Lin
05-13-2013, 09:48 PM
I have had lump in neck and been assured by my doctor it is a gland up from an old infection. But it was size of a pea 2 years ago, but now certain it has got bigger but husband reckons he can't feel it, but he couldn't feel it in first place even though Dr could. So I have started worrying about it again. Trying to think just head making me worried but so certain it has got bigger, and don't want to go to see Dr and it is something else physically wrong as well as bad knees because certain new boss would get rid of me then!

raggamuffin
05-14-2013, 01:19 AM
Ok good thanks it's just scary everytime I get a new symptom

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?1200-Anxiety-Symptoms-The-List

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.anxietyzone.com%2Findex.php%3 Ftopic%3D17050.0&ei=OOWRUaGVAqWi0QWeyIC4Bg&usg=AFQjCNE486NUgBHxtxptXVnN33MWIcvGHQ&sig2=xHjnuiXrCSvRv7L3Q3_Pag

Next time you get a symptom don't fear it. Look here and you'll soon see that every symptom going can and no doubt is caused by anxiety. The more you fear a symptom the more stress you add to an already stressed body. The body is giving out these symptoms to show you it's over stressed and needs to rest and recover. The last thing it needs is more worry and stress added to it.

Read about anxiety, udnerstand it and you remove the fear and worry and in turn the symptoms and stress reduce.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed

locksey
05-14-2013, 05:50 AM
I've sumtimes felt like I hav a lump or sumink in my throat .. Part ov anxiety