PDA

View Full Version : Venting/worried

defmunel
05-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Ok friends. I sadly gave in to google today. I've had this strange feeling in my neck for almost 2 months. Below are my symptoms, then I'll elaborate a little.

Swollen submandibular gland on right side
Pain radiating from ear down my neck on the right side.
Ringing in ears, gets louder and louder
Night sweats
Fatigue
Random bruised feelings, lasts over a week, mostly in my arms and inner elbow.
Lingering cough
Mucous
Slight hoarseness/tinging sound when I talk
Occasional rotten taste.

I've tried so hard to push the fear aside. I've been to my gp many times, and she says it's nothing. Went to ent a week ago, he said he sees swelling down my throat, but never felt my glands or neck. He said he'd suggest ibuprofen but I can't take it since I am pregnant (6weeks).

I'm going back to the ent on Monday. I'm so so so worried I have cancer. I have catastrophic thoughts that I'm going to die, so I can let my baby live. I'm afraid they'll say, it's either you or the baby. I'm afraid of not being able to get any treatment because I am pregnant. If anyone has any words of advice or comfort to offer, I'd appreciate it. Googling was a terrible choice, and I'm sad I gave into it. So many stories of cancer for this exact thing. One girl was just 27. I'm 30! Ugh.

shaikhrahuf
05-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Dear defmunel,
Is you hv to clear d doubts ask ir doctor to prescribe some blood checks or related checkup so that u can make ur mind clear, another thing ur 6 weeks pregnant, even my wife use to suffer f this things when she was hooked to our second child, butnit was juz bco of pregnancy nothing come up other than my sweet son who is 3 now, so juz b calm leave it on ir doc and pray to god, can u personally do anything for it other that visit to doc, so.let it go, do ur bit, dont panic keep calm and accept the things which r on ur way n how to deal it, google is good but too much google.make ur brain go shits.. best of lick sweety..

shaikhrahuf
05-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Sorry for typo error.. anxiety sufferer hope u undestand

Bijoux
05-11-2013, 11:15 PM
My boyfriend always says, and I am sure he is not the first one, but never Google symptoms...ever. I am also extremely guilty of doing this same thing, you are not alone. Rationally, if you are 30 years old, in good general health, the chances of you dying of cancer, is really slim. I am no doctor, but I am sure you are fine. You could have something as simple as a throat infection or sinus infection. Plus, let's face it, there is nothing weirder than pregnancy. Meaning, some very bizarre things can occur during pregnancy, that no one tells you about! I could hardly walk up a flight of stairs without being out of breath, when I was pregnant. I am also 30, and in pretty good shape. I also had a strange metallic taste in my mouth all the time. A friend of mine, who is a brunette, her bangs turned blonde! I understand your worry when weird, seemingly unexplainable things are happening with your body. If you are really concerned, keep going to a different doctors until you get one that listens. It's probably something minor and treatable, but if it is an infection and doctors are shrugging you off, you should keep looking for one that is willing to treat you. Do you live in America?

locksey
05-12-2013, 01:35 AM
I can't say I never google symptoms , but I dnt as much now as I find whatever u type in it gives u the worst diagnosis....

missmello
05-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Well the swollen glands, ears ringing, cough, and mucous all sound like you've got some kind of a cold. The taste in your mouth may be part of it too, but it could also be acid reflux. Some people get "silent reflux" where they don't actually feel the heartburn, but the stomach acids still come up the esophagus. Which could also explain your hoarseness. And pregnant women are more likely to get acid reflux. Just trying to give you some logical explanations.. and I have had all of your symptoms and they all turned out to be acid reflux/cold. No worries!! Everything sounds harmless to me, but anxiety can be very sneaky and make you think the worst. Stay positive!

defmunel
05-12-2013, 10:01 AM
I also have a low grade fever. Runs 99.4-100.0. I know that's a sign of cancer. I seriously find it hard to believe its a cold or cold symptoms or even reflux. These symptoms began long before I became pregnant. I'm 6 weeks and I've been dealing with these symptoms for 9 weeks. Im struggling to find hope. I'm struggling to find joy in my life when everything seems so bleak. I get so frustrated that I have to deal with this crap. Why must I struggle this way? I hate seeing all the sadness.

My friend wrote this on Facebook. I wish I could live by it.

You can live in assurance and calm. You don't need to look over your shoulder all the time, waiting for the next crisis. You don't have to spend your days hiding from the next ambush. Live in the light, God's got your back.

Bijoux
05-12-2013, 11:08 AM
A low grade fever is a symptom of many things, not just cancer. I you're really worried about it, keep going to the doctor, or different doctors, until you get a straight answer.

MrsJ88
05-12-2013, 11:59 AM
I also have a low grade fever. Runs 99.4-100.0. I know that's a sign of cancer. I seriously find it hard to believe its a cold or cold symptoms or even reflux. These symptoms began long before I became pregnant. I'm 6 weeks and I've been dealing with these symptoms for 9 weeks. Im struggling to find hope. I'm struggling to find joy in my life when everything seems so bleak. I get so frustrated that I have to deal with this crap. Why must I struggle this way? I hate seeing all the sadness.

My friend wrote this on Facebook. I wish I could live by it.

You can live in assurance and calm. You don't need to look over your shoulder all the time, waiting for the next crisis. You don't have to spend your days hiding from the next ambush. Live in the light, God's got your back.

That temp is normal for someone that's pregnant. I just had a baby 5 months ago. And you can take Tylenol (acetaminophen) while pregnant.

M.C
05-12-2013, 12:11 PM
You definitely should not google
Few months ago I caught a cold and I had temperature night sweats sharp back fatigue dry throat mucous sometimes a bit of blood in the snot the feeling that something stuck in my throat
( i still have all the symptoms apart from the temp)
I saw my GP and it was tonsillitis she gave me penicillin I took that but my throat was still sore
I went to see her and she said it s a viral infection so you don't need any antibiotics for it
I went on google and I found out that if you have a sore throat it should go away within a week and if it does not it could possibly be cancer
I went again to see my GP to tell her what I found and she told me I don't have it so I just left it
If you re really worried don't go to your GP go straight to A&E and they will do all the scans and tests possible
Even if you re pregnant they will still do it I personally had few X-rays when I was pregnant (I needed to) and my son was fine
I know where you come from when you say that you re worried about the baby
I m 7 weeks pregnant and I get similar thoughts especially with the weird pain that I m having
But I suppose my strong faith brings me back to my senses

M.C
05-12-2013, 12:17 PM
We are miserable because we re doing it to our selves
I m so sad and can't enjoy my pregnancy because of the worry that I might be very ill or dying and then what s going to happen to my kids
But the fact: is worrying going to change anything?
Ask yourself that!!!

defmunel
05-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Church today was food for my soul. Always grateful for my Sunday's.

I have an appt with the ent tomorrow afternoon. I wrote down all of my symptoms, so hopefully i can help him understand what I'm feeling.

My temp is still running a little high. I sure hope it doesn't last. I really do hope all is well. I hope.

defmunel
05-12-2013, 05:04 PM
I just can't get over the thought I have lymphoma or leukemia.

I'm killing myself thinking about it so much. Every symptom I have matches those. Oh how I wish I knew what my life would be. How I wish I knew how long I'd live, how many children I'd have. This fear, this, thought process is the most horrid way to live. And yet, I cannot let go. I'm so afraid that I have cancer while pregnant. Why...WHY?

locksey
05-12-2013, 05:16 PM

I'm killing myself thinking about it so much. Every symptom I have matches those. Oh how I wish I knew what my life would be. How I wish I knew how long I'd live, how many children I'd have. This fear, this, thought process is the most horrid way to live. And yet, I cannot let go. I'm so afraid that I have cancer while pregnant. Why...WHY?

And if u knew all that info it prob wud be worse in a way as you'd be counting dwn til the day u knw yr goin to die.... Sum things are best not knowing .... Why do u think u have cancer etc ?

MrsJ88
05-12-2013, 05:27 PM

I always fear I have breast cancer for no reason. It's normal with anxiety. Our minds wonder to extremes. I always think I'm having a heart attack also. It sucks.

M.C
05-12-2013, 09:32 PM
I don't know why but we the anxious people seem to think about one thing which is illness and one particular disease
It s not fear spending all our valuable time doing the same thing over and over again
I have the same phobias as you lot
Every time I get a sensation/ pain/symptom I automatically think It must be this or that
I m sick and tired of it!!!!

locksey
05-13-2013, 12:37 AM
I always fear I have breast cancer for no reason. It's normal with anxiety. Our minds wonder to extremes. I always think I'm having a heart attack also. It sucks.

Yeah , I get health worries ( and there is nufink wrong with me )