PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Mrs2B
05-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Im five cans of beer in to drinking, Im freaking out still that it might kill me this is horrible :-(

daisie
05-12-2013, 05:41 AM
Alcohol always makes me feel better, but stop before it becomes an addiction, I only drink at parties or when I have friends over, but I don't want to have to drink just to feel normal again. Plus the next day my anxiety seems to become worse, so is it really worth it?

Mrs2B
05-12-2013, 05:57 AM
I really dont think it is I feel sooo bad today now, and Im too scared to take anything for it so just stuck in a horrible panicky place...

Stephen Joseph
05-12-2013, 06:13 AM
Alcohol should be avoided if you have an anxiety disorder. Alcohol will mask the fear and symptoms for a while but as daisie said, they will come back later and with a vengeance.

MrsB, don't worry. The alcohol won't hurt you but it's best not to drink it in the future until you have your anxiety under control. And you can do that. Many people have recovered from anxiety, including myself. Try to do things today which you know bring you some relief, perhaps a favourite hobby or watch a funny movie, even if you have to force yourself at first. Try and distract yourself from the fear.

Mrs2B
05-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Thanks Stephen, Ill try my best :-) yeah its really not worth it! Im scared to take my med (librium 5mg) now, should I take it?

alankay
05-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Seriously, I very much doubt 5 mgs of librium will cause any problems at all. Alankay

Mrs2B
05-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks Alan took it awhile ago still pretty anxious but seems to have blunted the edges of it a bit :-)