PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!!!

Blessed
05-10-2013, 08:28 PM
I am having severe jaw pain on my left side only when I open mouth. Feels like someone has hit me with their fist, just started this evening. Plz tell me this is not a sign of something serious such as heart attack etc!!!!!

anxiousinatlanta
05-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Don't worry! Jaw pain and tightness is a very common symptom of anxiety. I often have it when I'm falling asleep and it freaks me out because I feel like my jaw is gonna close. If you were having a heart attack it would feel like an elephant is stepping on your chest and you would fall down in shock of pain and anxiety causes chest pain, but not chest pain that hurts that much.

ann007
05-11-2013, 08:15 AM
I get that from clenching my teeth at night while asleep. My dentist wants me to wear a night guard. Do you find you clench / grind your teeth a lot?

Blessed
05-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Not that I recall

nf1234
05-11-2013, 07:01 PM
It is probably TMJ. Those muscles get fatigued from stress and sometime you clench your jaw at night and you don't know it. I have the same problem. I for sure has nothing to do with your heart.

locksey
05-12-2013, 01:46 AM
I am having severe jaw pain on my left side only when I open mouth. Feels like someone has hit me with their fist, just started this evening. Plz tell me this is not a sign of something serious such as heart attack etc!!!!!

Did u google that ? As I read same thing wen having pains in my jaw but that was ages ago and I'm still here :-) and dnt get it anymore ... I do get aching sumtimes as I go thru stages ov clenching my jaw

missmello
05-12-2013, 06:12 AM
I get jaw pain every once in a while, especially lately.. but i've also had a stiff neck and constant headache for a week, so I'm assuming they are related.

I wouldn't be worried about it. You may be clenching your jaw throughout the day or in your sleep and not even realize it. It's a possible explanation for your symptoms. I often catch myself doing it, and my husband says he sometimes hears me grinding my teeth at night.