PDA

View Full Version : New

jitteryjaymee
05-10-2013, 08:27 PM
I'm new to this......but I have had chronic anxiety for 6 months now and I need help. I'm constantly feeling like I can't breathe, my chest feels heavy and ticklish at the same time. Chest always hurts, wondering if I pulled muscles from my heavy breathing. I can't be alone anymore and I can barely drive cuz I get nervous when I breathe. Anybody relate to this and possibly come up with a solution?

George
05-11-2013, 05:16 AM
The first thing you need to do is talk about how you're feeling. Find a confidant/ friend you can trust and tell them you have something important to discuss with them. Don't be concerned with details. Just letting it out will help you feel better. Keeping things bottled up doesn't help. Keep talking to people in this forum.

anxiousinatlanta
05-11-2013, 05:28 AM
You're not alone. Everybody with anxiety feels that way. 19 million Americans are dealing with the same thing you are at the same time. Also, 1 in 4 people will have an anxiety disorder in their lifetime. It's very common and while it is extremely uncomfortable, you're not alone.

dnouk
05-11-2013, 06:07 AM
Hi Jaymee

There is good advice throughout this forum, you came to a safe place.
Best thing I have found is to talk, be open and honest and receive help. We all have different triggers and levels of pain, but the start is the hardest part, and bt sayinghello here you have taken a big step.
Have a good read, make some comments, get some feedback, and i wish you the very best of luck
Dean