PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety worse when things are going good???

JUJUFU6
08-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Ok, so lately I have just notice and or developed this health related anxiety... physically and emoitionally it is taking a toll. However right now in my ife, everything that is happening is great. My sister just got married and I inherited 3 neices and nephews! She is now pregnant. I go engaged 3 months ago!! And everyone in my family is doing good, healthy, etc. So why all of this anxiety now??? It is hard to enjoy planning my wedding when I am worried about having a abdominal anerysum, or pulmonary embolism, etc. Why the sudden anxiety when things are great??? Anyone else experience this????

Robbed
08-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Sometimes, 'good' things can be stressors. Especially when those 'good things' are going to make a HUGE change in your life. For instance, a promotion can mean more stress and responsibility. And getting engaged can be a REALLY serious stressor. Just having to make plans for a wedding can be stressful. But most of all, marriage means HUGE changes to your life. And then there are LOTS of unknowns to married life. Unknowns which could potentially be quite negative. I'm sure you are probably aware of this. And although your relationship may end up being anything but negative, the mere possbility of this is enough to cause stress.

dorigen
08-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Yes, good things can be stressors, and also, you can often have a "delayed reaction" to stress as well. I just got recently engaged, and while the initial engagement period was stressful, it was about a month later that i started getting physical symptoms (tired, dizzy, tingly, etc.) My therapist says this does happen, sometimes things are so hectic it isn't until you slow down that your body really catches up wiht you.