PDA

View Full Version : Bad cycle

thinkpositive
05-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Anyone ever experience this.....the first time I had anxiety issues was a few years ago and it lasted a few months but with the help of some counseling and Zoloft I was back to my easy going care free life. Then bam a few years later (now) my life gets stressful again and bam panic attacks return. Only I feel like now an increase in my medications isn't working. I feel like in general I'm not as relaxed and carefree as I use to. I feel like I was sort of in a bubble and now I see how crazy life can really be and now I'm scared about everything. Therefore now I'm constantly thinking what the heck I use to not have a care in the world....hell I didn't even know what panic attacks were! Let alone experiencing them!! Anyone????

gaza514
05-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Anyone ever experience this.....the first time I had anxiety issues was a few years ago and it lasted a few months but with the help of some counseling and Zoloft I was back to my easy going care free life. Then bam a few years later (now) my life gets stressful again and bam panic attacks return. Only I feel like now an increase in my medications isn't working. I feel like in general I'm not as relaxed and carefree as I use to. I feel like I was sort of in a bubble and now I see how crazy life can really be and now I'm scared about everything. Therefore now I'm constantly thinking what the heck I use to not have a care in the world....hell I didn't even know what panic attacks were! Let alone experiencing them!! Anyone????

I can't leave my house in peace, if u can then be happy

Stephen Joseph
05-10-2013, 06:54 AM
It's a bad cycle indeed and one you need to break.

Medications can help in some ways but often just add more problems to the mix. The best way to reduce anxiety is with the power of your mind. Anxiety is frequently caused by the way we react to the world through learned behaviours. By working on how your brain responds to stress and events in life, you can reduce your levels of anxiety in a natural way rather than with drugs (which really just mask the symptoms).

That's how I did it anyway.

raggamuffin
05-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Speak to your doctor about cognitive behavioural therapy. As stated above by Stephen it addresses how you think/react to the world around you and stress etc as opposed to Dr's approach which is to medicate until you feel normal and then ween you off them.

Ed