PDA

View Full Version : Panic in cbt

gaza514
05-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Started cbt and I panicked while in session to the point of blacking out. My problem is I can't leave my house any more since last years panic attack . After the session I stayed out 1 hour 30 min at a park and went to a pasterie storef for 20 min and felt great. I went home and ate now I tried to go to Walmart and can't do it . Too many ups and downs. I wish I wouldn't be scared to take this ativan.

pawlowski187
05-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Dont be afraid to take ativan ... Trust me... Its way better than zanex from my personal experience. If u need it, take it honey...

gaza514
05-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Have you read Dr Weekes book ? If not pick up a copy .

I hate to say it but the ativan is not going to help long term . You simply have to push past the way you feel , at your own pace in order to retrain your brain that there is not a problem where it thinks there is .

Can i ask what other stuff you are trying

Nothing just leaving and trying to get threw sometimes I'm good , sometimes can't walk in.

gaza514
05-10-2013, 06:09 PM
Have you read Dr Weekes book ? If not pick up a copy .

I hate to say it but the ativan is not going to help long term . You simply have to push past the way you feel , at your own pace in order to retrain your brain that there is not a problem where it thinks there is .

Can i ask what other stuff you are trying

What is the book called?

missmello
05-10-2013, 07:36 PM
I can relate. Some days I feel like I have good control on my nerves, I'm able to go out and run errands all day, come home and be alright. Other days, I go out to one store and have to go straight home because I just feel so anxious. Then I take a benzo and the feelings slowly lessen and I realize its just my nerves.

Pace yourself.. if you managed to get out of the house for a little while, and start feeling crappy, that's okay. You don't have to push yourself too much.. baby steps. And don't let the fear stop you from trying to do it again the next day.. just go about your day normally, for as long as you can, take a rest if you really feel like you need it.

ann007
05-11-2013, 08:09 AM
I found this book really helpful and relatable. Also like The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris who uses ACT vs CBT. I am also doing CBT and my therapist tries to apply Weekes terms in my treatment. Both books have some great tools.

gaza514
05-15-2013, 12:56 AM
hope and help for your nerves

Got it today so far I love it

scared44
05-15-2013, 01:09 AM
Started cbt and I panicked while in session to the point of blacking out. My problem is I can't leave my house any more since last years panic attack . After the session I stayed out 1 hour 30 min at a park and went to a pasterie storef for 20 min and felt great. I went home and ate now I tried to go to Walmart and can't do it . Too many ups and downs. I wish I wouldn't be scared to take this ativan.

I take Ativan it's very good and better than valium, xanax ect!! Even if you try 1 and see how you feel. Take Care..... :-)

JAug
05-16-2013, 09:47 AM
I would also recommend practicing deep breathing excersizes and learn to identify when you're hyperventilating, to prevent the risk of blacking out again.