PDA

View Full Version : Hangovers and anxiety

Mrs2B
05-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Hey everyone,

Just looking for other peoples thoughts on this.

I havent drank since the anxiety started as my last hangover was when I had my first panic attack.

I was just wondering will they always be that bad or is it possible to have a few social drinks without the hellish day after?

Does anyone have any tips/advice?

Bearing in mind Im Irish so youre pretty much an outsider over here if you cant just "have a few.."

Many thanks again :-)

NixonRulz
05-09-2013, 03:39 PM
To do a little research, I plan to get shitfaced tonight and ill let you know tomorrow if my hangover screws with my anxiety

Seriously, any time something makes you feel differently from how you perceive normal, it can cause you to start analyzing yourself and look for things that don't belong

That causes anxiety and keep dwelling on it, here comes your good friend Panic

So easy to understand how anyone could get that way with a hangover

And I believe it's possible to have a few drinks and not be hungover the next day

Clear liquids cause the fewest hangovers such as vodka or gin if that's something you like.

Mrs2B
05-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Haha, thanks for that Nixon!

Im planning my own little session (Irish speak for shit faced.. )on Saturday so expect lots of crazy posts Sunday..

I am going to really try and control the thoughts though and realize that Im not actually literally dying from the hangover but I'm just plain 'ol hungover!

Im 29 now maybe Im just gettin to old for the partying... :-/