05-09-2013, 11:05 AM
I feel like I'm never happy anymore

shane bevan
05-09-2013, 12:08 PM
What has you so down?

Lin
05-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Dear Kaysha 44

i hope you have been able to reply to Shane. Shane is really good and helps me. He is usually awake at night which is good for me!

I hope that you find you can tell what is wrong or read other people's posts to gain confidence to do so, because people on here can really help you and you can find some good friends.

kaysha44
05-11-2013, 04:58 PM
What has you so down?

I don't even know what I'm so sad a about half the time , it's so confusing I just feel so down for no apparent reason

shane bevan
05-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Is there any specific times that it happens

kaysha44
05-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Is there any specific times that it happens

Uhm sometimes at school, a lot at night

shane bevan
05-11-2013, 05:25 PM
I usually have my issues at night. its because of negative thoughts in my mind. It used to be a living hell

kaysha44
05-11-2013, 05:33 PM
I usually have my issues at night. its because of negative thoughts in my mind. It used to be a living hell

It really is.you can't sleep cuz your just thinking of everything negative and you can't even help it

shane bevan
05-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Exactly there were points that i was scared to go to sleep

hedgiemommy
05-12-2013, 07:43 AM
I've had the same experiences at night because I've been suffering from a lot of nightmares... I'm scared to go to sleep most nights.

My counselor told me it might help if you think of what you want to dream about that night in as MUCH detail as possible - from smells to sounds, to what you or whoever in your dream is wearing, to how what you're standing on feels (ie grass, sand on a beach), etc.

Also, I found that the sound of running water from a stream or brook helps me. My boyfriend found an 11 hour loop of "stream music" for me on YouTube. He also has put audio books on for me so that I'm listening and being distracted from my own negative thoughts by concentrating on the words of the book.

These might not necessarily work for you but maybe it might spark an idea of what you could do to try and relax your mind at night. Can you think of anything that may help?

Good luck and I hope you find what works best for you!

kaysha44
05-12-2013, 11:16 PM
I've had the same experiences at night because I've been suffering from a lot of nightmares... I'm scared to go to sleep most nights.

My counselor told me it might help if you think of what you want to dream about that night in as MUCH detail as possible - from smells to sounds, to what you or whoever in your dream is wearing, to how what you're standing on feels (ie grass, sand on a beach), etc.

Also, I found that the sound of running water from a stream or brook helps me. My boyfriend found an 11 hour loop of "stream music" for me on YouTube. He also has put audio books on for me so that I'm listening and being distracted from my own negative thoughts by concentrating on the words of the book.

These might not necessarily work for you but maybe it might spark an idea of what you could do to try and relax your mind at night. Can you think of anything that may help?

Good luck and I hope you find what works best for you!

That sounds like a good idea,I should try it.thank you!

kaysha44
05-13-2013, 12:02 AM
Exactly there were points that i was scared to go to sleep

Ya, and you get nightmares when you do sleep

Lin
05-13-2013, 05:15 PM
I have been told you write down your worries and get them out of your head before sleep - but not always worked.
Also taught to put your problems in your pocket by taking hands from face with your problems in your hands and down and put them away in your pocket.
Or another is to put worries in a balloon and let them float away.
Lately trying meditation mantra and helping.

Malyn
05-13-2013, 07:44 PM
I found that listening to rain drops from you tube helped me sleep and try to focus something you have done in the past that you really enjoyed like a memorable vacation or anything happy thoughts .

shane bevan
05-13-2013, 08:16 PM
I got stuck having to have the tv on to ve able to shut the negative thoughts out of mind

Lin
05-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Kaysha 44 - hope that the advice and support you have been given on here has helped you with your unhappiness and sleeping. Night time is when everything in your head seems to come to the front and it is definitely the worse part of the day because apart from the TV, and luckily the Forum, there is no-one about to have contact with and you feel really alone with your bad dreams and bad thoughts. The forum has definitely helped me get things out of my head at night, and just knowing someone else is awake is comforting.

I have often dreaded the time for bed, but have now decided I go at a certain time every night even if not feel tired, and I just try and stay asleep or in bed reading/on forum etc as long as I can. If I get up, then I don't go back to sleep at all, but at least if I stay in bed I usually nap a bit so get a bit more sleep.

Sleeping is so important and makes such a difference to the next day, but something that the more you try hard at the worse it gets. I use a meditation mantra now to go off to sleep and it has been working for me, so that I imagine white light coming in as I breath in and black smoke going out when I exhale which is all my worries and problems. Working at the moment, but you never know how long something is going to work for before you have to try another technique.

So loads of us here who have similar problems and hope we are helping you.