PDA

View Full Version : Hey ya!

CheesyCat
05-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Hello! My name is Ana and I'm 17. I can't really remember for how long I've bee struggling with anxiety and depression but it's gotten a lot worse in the past 4 months. I'm against taking medication for anxiety but I can't stand the pains sometimes. My anxiety keeps changing, like 6 months ago there was a strong thunderstorm and struggled with power outtage for 3 days, after that my anxiety was about thunderstorms. When I finally got over the fear of thunderstorms I started to worry about my health because I started to feel random shap pains and muscle spams and now I worry about bascially everything, when I go out I'm always worried that a car accident might happen or I might get robbed. I can't do anything with my life, quit studying, can't work or do anything productive or hobby because I lose interest easily so I just watch tv all day, stay on internet and play some games when my mood is good enough to do something. The good thing is, anxiety helped me find happiness in small things around me and live more in the present and did teach me what' it's like to feel happy and content about life even if you don't feel good everyday and always stay positive and strong. I'm trying to eliminate my anxiety with only natural things so right now I drink chamomile tea with mint, do yoga and meditation and aromatherapy. I stopped working out because flu pain plus anxiety pain would seriously annoy me but I'm slowly recovering and getting back to exercises.
Thank you for reading, have a good day!

alankay
05-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Hang in there Cheesy! Alankay

Lin
05-10-2013, 08:30 PM
I find meditation really helps me too - I go to two groups - a christian and buddhist one - very different teachings and ways of meditation but both groups teach me something and give me headspace and I have made friends at each group.

I also agree with aromatherapy and use essential oils a lot.

I also go regularly to reflexology and have just found a brilliant lady who has started making my body work where others couldn't. She also does reiki and gem therapy so she is really good. Even my dr was impressed by what she had achieved in one session.

I do take medication as well as natural remedies because although natural herbal remedies helped me for a while, my depression got too bad and it was not strong enough to cope, but I do understand if you don't want to take medication.

I went to a nutritionist recently and he recommended a new thing called Solgar 7 - it is really expensive, but it is meant to help inflammation and is completely herbal. I have decided to give it a try. The nutritionist said it would not only help my bad knees but also my stomach. The chap behind the counter said that it is a new revolutionary tablet which is going to take over from glucosamine (excuse spellings) for helping with stiffness and bad joints etc.

My reflexologist has also just loaned me a book called Jin Shin Jyutsu or another book called Healing Hands - which is a form of accupressure you do yourself on your fingers to help with worry, panic, fear etc. I am teaching myself it and am hoping that is going to help.