PDA

View Full Version : Help?

kaysha44
05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Having an anxiety attack again. I get them for no reason sometimes, it feels like I can't breathe sometimes and I get really dizzy.im home alone and I'm scared, advice?

angelina1
05-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Calm down and take some deep breaths. Are you taking any medicine or your anxiety?

shane bevan
05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Breath deep. Think positive thoughts

kaysha44
05-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Calm down and take some deep breaths. Are you taking any medicine or your anxiety?

Ya I take Prozac

Lin
05-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Prozac has side effects and can take a few weeks to work as well if you have not been taking it for long. I have been unable to take Prozac this time because it made me too anxious.

I now take an anti depressant and diazepam regularly during the day to keep my mood calm.

Deep breathing is definitely the answer when panicking, and if feel really bad put your hand over your nose and mouth (acts as a paper bag) and it will stop you hyperventilating and becoming dizzy etc.

Just making sure you are breathing from your stomach and not shallow breathing from your chest will help you.

Breathing and counting can help too - inhale 1,2,3,4, exhale etc or inhale and exhale 1, inhale and exhale 2 etc