PDA

View Full Version : Severe nausea

Malyn
05-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Went back to work today but feeling miserable. My nausea is so intense can't eat. I have this on and off since October due to Anxiety and Panic. I take Protonix and Pepcid but it doesn't seem to help much. I just took compazine for the nausea hope it help. I took chamomile tea and peppermint and ginger but it is so severe I only get temporary relief. anxiety can create a lot of symptoms. All I can do is Pray. My supervisor even asked me to File FMLA for protection . So as my husband poor thing.

Mohawk65
05-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Went back to work today but feeling miserable. My nausea is so intense can't eat. I have this on and off since October due to Anxiety and Panic. I take Protonix and Pepcid but it doesn't seem to help much. I just took compazine for the nausea hope it help. I took chamomile tea and peppermint and ginger but it is so severe I only get temporary relief. anxiety can create a lot of symptoms. All I can do is Pray. My supervisor even asked me to File FMLA for protection . So as my husband poor thing.
T
Hi Malyn. You're not alone. I have this too. Iv'e had it every morning for the past several years. When I get up in the morning, I begin feeling panic. Then my breathing becomes difficult, I start gagging and then get sick. I talked to my GP about this and he attempted to treat it. I had tests to rule out possible physical reasons. He then put me on antidepressant and anti-anxiety medication. He then gave me the name of a psychiatrist. She adjusted and continues to adjust this medicine. The reason why Im telling you all this is because for the past 5 days, I haven't had these symptoms. I'm feeling a little better. So, maybe you need to talk to your primary doctor. I believe this can get better. Believe me, I wasn't so optimistic when I was feeling sick. Anxiety can cause the symptoms your'e experiencing. But, I would talk to your doctor so that physical reasons and be ruled out. I wish you the best! If you have any questions, just let me know. Take care, Joe

Lin
05-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Dear Malyn
Pleased we have been able to PM each other.
Hope the nausea is getting better or you have found comfort from the Forum that other people have same problem.
If tablets causing the nausea I hope you have been able to go back to Dr etc and get some different tablets, they all react so differently for people, and in my case it depends what stage in your life whether they work for you or give you bad side effects.
Lin x