PDA

View Full Version : Chest tightness/pain anyone?

james1321
05-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Had this for about 9 months loads of doctors say it's anxiety but I don't know y I can't be leave then I just think it's something bad it does my head in.

raggamuffin
05-08-2013, 08:57 AM
How much do you worry about the pains? When yo uworry it gets a lot worse I assume? With anxiety the fears and worries kick in the fight or flight response to perceived danger. Adrenaline filled blood surges around the body. It goes to the chest wall muscles to strengthen the muscles to protect vital organs. However when you're anxious you put the body through so much stress and worry it gives off symptoms to show it needs time to rest and recover.

Don't react to these pains with worries. Concerns its an underlying health issue, heart issue etc. 99% of the time it won't be the case. It'll be muscles strained, spasming, aching from the fight or flight response going nuts.

Remember that it cannot hrut you. The chest tightness can be very unnerving, do your best to keep busy. If you're busy the pains tend to fade or disappear, prooving its anxiety.

Perhaps discuss cognitive behavioural therapy with your dr to see if it's available in your area. it can really help with anxiety and helping you to rationalize your thoughts when symptoms come instead of respondgin with emotions and overburdening your already stressed out body.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed

missmello
05-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Think about it.. if you've had this for 9 months and have been checked by doctors who can't find anything wrong.. if there really WAS something wrong don't you think you'd be dead by now? I don't mean that in a bad way, or to upset you by saying it.. but if there really was something wrong, they would have found it.

When you are stressed, your musclescan get stiff. Everyone handles stress differently, and everyones body reacts different. It sounds like you carry all your tension in your chest muscles. For me, its my stomach. I get so nauseous, and my stomach muscles get so tight. Sometimes I clench my jaw without realizing I'm.doing it, and it gives me head and neck pain.. went to the acupuncturist he felt my neck and said it was incredibly tight, which was what was causing my headaches.

Your chest pain is most likely because your muscles are tight, from stress. Try going with that.. its normal, and you're going to be okay.

james1321
05-08-2013, 09:10 AM
I do worry about it a lot I am always focused in on it. My therapist is starting to take me running to try and build my confidence in that I am ok. Fingers crosse it helps but it's hard

lionofdisouth
05-11-2013, 03:46 PM
I had bad chest pains when i first started getting anxiety and panic attacks. i thought the same thing that something had to be wrong with my heart, after two years i still have problems with my heart rate but no pain. Do you take anything for your anxiety?

leetbulldog
05-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I also been having that for 9months aswell.. Odd lol anyways, they done blood work, EKG and chest Xray.everything is fine. But why do I still feel palpitations, skipp heart beats. :/ I guess anxiety can manifest itself that way.. Scary though :/