PDA

View Full Version : New here :) sadly not to anxiety....

stocktona
05-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi!

Really I'm just looking for someone to tell me I'm normal I guess........ I've struggled with anxiety since I was about 5... I'm 24 now. It's something that seems to come and go at different periods in my life. It's gotten pretty bad to the point where I think I have some kind of OCD mixed in with it now. I'm always thinking "what if". I stress over everything and doctors seem to dismiss me. I start feeling like a crazy person! Jittery can't calm down chest gets tight. It really gets hard to control..... Any suggestions to help overcome all of this?
Thanks so much

JBBarry
05-06-2013, 03:24 AM
I don't have much advice on how to overcome it all as I'm still in the process too. I've had it as early as 9.

I would like to say though, that you ARE normal. Actually, in saying that, who defines what normal is?

Hope you get the help your looking for.

Lynnster
05-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Hi. You've come to the right place. I'm new to the forums too and so far it has really helped me to know that I'm not alone. I understand exactly how you feel. I am the same way. I go through periods of time where my anxiety is terrible...3-4 panic attacks a day if not more. Like you, my chest gets tight and I have this overwhelming feeling of being trapped. Like I want to get away from myself almost. It is hard to get the doctors to realize how bad you feel. Many times they just think it's "a little anxiety" that you should just learn to deal with but as we know, it's not that easy. Not by a long shot.

I'm still going through this process myself so I'm not sure how to overcome it...yet. I hope that someday I can. You just have to keep on fighting. Usually it takes a little bit of time to find a doctor who will actually listen to you and help. Don't give up :)

stocktona
05-07-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks so much! I guess sometimes you just need to know others struggle with this as well. Take care to you both :)