PDA

View Full Version : Abilify (Antipsychotiks)

Angel
09-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Today i got diagnosed with Psychosis on top of my panik disorder with agoraphobia and i got prescribed a medication kalled Abilify.

Well i was reading the side effects and it said to avoid certain situations that get your body in high temperatures because after taking the meds your body might have trouble regulating its temperature. But under exercise it said something like "Watch for any abnormal overheating during exercise." So now im like, what the fuck? First they said to avoid these situation and then they said to supervise them.

So i guess my question for you all is, have you ever taken an Antipsychotik and if you have did you have to do anything differently?

My main concern would be being able to exercise and what not because that helps me out with my Anxiety.

babycristy
10-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Hmm...I suggest you talk to the doctor who prescribed it to you and get the definite answers to your questions. Sometimes internet sources can have multiple answers to your questions. But since everyone is different in their body chemistry, you should ask your personal doctor since he knows your physical aspect the best.