PDA

View Full Version : Do I have anxiety? Warning: long rant

Anxietyfreak
05-02-2013, 05:50 PM
So for the past two years my life has been hard, but my reactions to life started seeming really unnatural. So I looked up some of my issues, which are, dizziness, insomnia, sometimes I forget how to breathe, memory problems, fear of emotions, very strong mood swings, I don't like being touched, and I HATE it when I don't feel in control of my stuff, not to mention my depression, I always feel like I'm floating above everyone, and feeling like I'm going to explode out o my body, as well as my severe fear of meeting people, and talking about my life, and I am constantly angry. So after all that, I found anxiety and it seemed to fit the bill. I'm terrible at expressing myself, so to my Spanish speaking mother I tried to explain how I felt and that it wasn't normal to go through life like this, and she pretty much mocked me and said it was all in my head. So she took me to the doctor to get tested for everything possible, except for anxiety because she thinks anxiety is just an emtion and not an actual everyday problem and will not listen, and at this point I'm just embarrassed to even talk about it and have everyone ridicule me. So she told the doctor that I barely started feeling like this (even though I told her ya been two years) and then we told the doctor all my family problems in which I got extremely uncomfortable and began to uncontrollably cry. My mom refuses to get me medication and at this point it's difficult even moving off my bed, but she believes that if I got out with friends and seem to smile that anxiety can't possibly be a problem anymore, but the second everyone goes away my anxiety overwhelms me so much, and I can barely breathe. I stopped talking about it and whenever I mention it she says I probably had a rough dy and that it's crazy how teens keep making up disorders for themselves. So now I question if I even have anxiety, or if this is how everyone feels. Just right now, my mom cleaned my room and I went into a panic attack and started screaming and she brought my brother to gang up on me and tell me that Im being dramatic and that I have to give my new room a try, but now I can barely move and all I can do is cry because she will not listen. I don't know what the point of this post was, but I need to know, do I actually have anxiety? If so, how do I get treated or helped?

missmello
05-02-2013, 06:13 PM
I don't know if you're old enough to drive or have access to a car but why not just go to the doctor by yourself, take matters into your own hands? I got to a point where I couldn't take it anymore and went in the phonebook and looked up a counselor. My regular doctors are running me in circles with all these tests thats come back fine.. I needed help so I went out and got it myself. Call a counselor, or psychiatrist/psychologist and ask if they accept your insurance and just go. Or ask your doctor if they can refer you to one. Even if its not anxiety, they can diagnose you better than a regular doctor.. sounds like you are having more emotional problems, and it does sound like anxiety in my opinion.

alankay
05-02-2013, 07:42 PM
I would say anxiety is likely here. Your Mom is just in denial maybe but I agree, see a doc by yourself if you can. Alankay