PDA

View Full Version : On the road to recovery

Samantha34
05-01-2013, 02:24 PM
So since December I have not eaten actual food. So I went to my therapist today and she gave me a good talking to about making the change to start eating again. So when I came home I made a little bit of angel hair pasta and I ate all the pasta that I had made. I'm taking the steps to get better. I feel great that I'm doing this. I can do this and I am going to do this. Positive thoughts only!!

trinidiva
05-01-2013, 02:41 PM
That's excellent progress!!!! Baby steps......

missmello
05-01-2013, 02:41 PM
That's awesome! I am in your exact situation. Wasn't able to eat for weeks because I was just so nauseous, sour stomach, just the thought of food made me sick, and I lost a lot of weight. I slowly started eating.. bananas, bread, plain pasta.. and worked myself up to bigger and better meals. It's all about pacing yourself, and kind of forcing yourself to try a little harder too. I know what your going through!

Part of it is, you feel so crappy because you're not eating.. (obviously lol) so once you keep going on the right path you'll just keep feeling better. It's working for me, I'm not 100% out of the woods yet but I am feeling much better. Glad you are too!

Lin
05-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Another good thing to eat is plain crisps - they don't upset your stomach and they put salt back into your body. Plain are just bland so no string flavour to out you off.

Samantha34
05-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys, baby steps is the way to go. I didn't eat because I feel like something is getting stuck but nothing is and even if I have the feeling it will eventually go away. I'm going to work my way back up. No more excuses.

missmello
05-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes, I was also drinking Ensure, thats the milk drink you're talking about, comes in different flavors like chocolate or vanilla, and that helped me get some vitamins in. It was very helpful.

NixonRulz
05-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Samantha - awesome you are moving forward. Who cares how fast. Better than stalling or going backwards

Great for you

Lin
05-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I take a vitamin supplement tablet every day to ensure that I am getting my vitamins, oils and metals (can't think of right word) because when I comfort eat or when I try to cut down I do not always get everything I need from my food each day.
But brilliant if you can start to eat and a really good sign that you are starting to allow your body to and head to mend. Congrats and try to keep it up, but ignore any lapses, and start again.

Samantha34
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks, I'm very proud of myself and this is a new bright chapter for me. I know I will have my bad days everyone does but I won't let it stop my progress. I'm going in the right direction finally. I was really nervous and scared to take that first bite but after I did I realized my anxiety made it seem worse than it really was. It felt great to get some normal food in me.

alankay
05-02-2013, 05:32 AM
Awesome! Alankay