PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im George

Wiredgwc
04-30-2013, 09:34 PM
I suffer from GAD. Ive had it for about 6 months now thought to be caused by a caffeine overdose. Now Im just looking for ways to cope. Just saying hello to all the people here. I look forward to any great advise.

alankay
05-01-2013, 06:23 AM
Howde. Yeah try cutting back the caffeine slowly for a good while. If no better, it's not that. Alankay

Wiredgwc
05-01-2013, 06:43 AM
Yea already done that. Zero caffeine for me. Ive been caffeine free for 4 months, and yet no changes. Thats one piece I've already eliminated. Thanks for the advise though.

NixonRulz
05-01-2013, 06:49 AM
Do you believe it was a caffeine overdose or did a GP decide that?

Are you being treated by anyone or any meds for you GAD?

I stayed away from caffeine for a few years because i thought it made me have attacks because I would get wired

Once I overcame my anxiety issues, I started drinking it again and now pound it

I love flying around all jacked up

Lin
05-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Why don't you try other ways of feeling better - a bit of a hobby horse for me at the moment - but meditation will really help to calm you down and you only need to do 5 minutes a day concentrating on your breathing and you will start feeling calmer. If you can get to a meditation group it is even better - I go to a Christian and a Buddhist group as you don't have to believe in the religion but the teachings in both are really helpful and the meditations (one guided and one silent) allow me to have head space which is really hard to get when your head is all wrong.
Also just found a really good reflexology lady and even my Dr is impressed by what she released in my body - so if you can find the right one, I would definitely recommend reflexology to help you with your problems.

Wiredgwc
05-01-2013, 08:21 AM
My GP said that I most likely had some form of anxiety all my life, and the caffeine overdose pushed me over the edge. In which it reprogrammed my brain to overdrive. I use several techniques now to try to help along with medication. Neither one seem to have any great effect. The clonazapam I take seems to have the greatest effect, but still i have my moments of unknown panic.

NixonRulz
05-01-2013, 09:13 AM
That's the way I was too. Nothing and anything could make me panic.

Never figured it out what started it

Maybe drugs or something but my brain was wired with it in me.