PDA

View Full Version : Hi. Lilly

Lillyt
04-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Hello everyone
After six years of anxiety, I got a control of my environment and ween of my antidepressant in 2011. After hurricane Sandy, my world started to fall apart. I ignored all the signs my brain was telling me. The nightmares, the weeping, the hopelessness. I was in denial that the depression and anxiety was coming back. Now its back with full force. I cant breath, experience my first panic attack, and constantly peeling my fingers. I went back on the same medication. This time around, I am feeling dizzy, and nausea. I cant tell if it my panic attack or the medication is causing this. Now I am in search for a therapist.

NixonRulz
04-30-2013, 07:54 PM
Lily- you sound as if you are doing the right things.

Sandy was a bitch here in the states and I get why it would get to you if you are in that area

Dizziness is normal for meds at first

Stay well

Lin
05-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Dear Lily, hope you enjoy being on the Forum. I am so sorry that you have been such a bad time.
As NixonRulz says it takes at least 2-3 weeks for tablets to take effect and also for side effects to start getting better. So it is best to persevere with medications until you are certain that it is not getting any better.
However, you may find that your body has changed since your last bout of depression and that the medication you used to take does not work this time. I have had several bouts of post natal depression over the past 28 years and this time none of the tablets I ever took before have worked this time and it is now over 2 years and my psychiatrist is still finding an anti depressant which gives me a lift. The good news is that there are so many that there are lots to try, although my body has decided to reject the two main bodies of anti depressants so now trying one which has just been put on the market.
Good luck with your meds and hope that they work for you.