PDA

View Full Version : Hello I am Jamie

jamleejoy
04-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi,
I am Jamie. I have general anxiety and panic attacks. I have had panic attacks for 12 years.
I have problems getting a job. No one understands.
I am 30 years old, been married 8 years, and live with my parents again.

NixonRulz
04-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Everyone here understands. We are experts!

Where are you from and m or f? Kids?

jamleejoy
05-01-2013, 08:12 AM
I am a girl from Arkansas and I don't have any kids.

NixonRulz
05-01-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this

Lots if people here with similar issues and all willing to help.

I hope your stay here is short.

princesskj
05-01-2013, 09:48 AM
Hi! I had to quit my job die to panic attacks last month:( I'm 33 yrs old. Anxiety sucks! You can message me if you want to ;)

jamleejoy
05-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Hi! I had to quit my job die to panic attacks last month:( I'm 33 yrs old. Anxiety sucks! You can message me if you want to ;)

You know I can not hold on to a job because I get so worked up with panic that I can't even go in to work. I can't get disability because I haven't worked enough so I am pretty much screwed. I was going to ask people how they work and have panic disorder at the same time.

princesskj
05-01-2013, 10:24 AM
I know what you mean. I only worked ; months and had to quit.

I know they have disability or social security
One of the you don't have to had pain in. Look on there website. I just filed myself

jamleejoy
05-01-2013, 10:30 AM
yeah I have tried both of them.
Neither will accept me because I have not worked enough.

Lin
05-01-2013, 11:34 AM
I have clinical depression and anxiety and I manage to work full time in a pressured job,but it takes a real toll on my mental health. Acting normal at work so that you can talk to anyone, go to meetings, chair meetings etc is really hard to struggle through and by the end of the day you have no energy left. So your social life goes completely because you only have enough energy to get through a day at work. I have given up lots of social things, including a cub pack which I had founded and run for 13 years and never thought I would give up, but it has had to go completely from my head because I can't bear the thought of it. At first I was sad that someone else was running it then sorry it closed, but now I just can't think about it.
I think my social life after this depression will have changed - I am now going to two meditation groups and am starting an evening peer support group. I hope to get back to going to watch football and cricket and to being able to shop in town and do the food shopping, but these have all gone at the moment.
Luckily I have some really good friends who have tried to help me and I just have to hope that they wait for me to get better and start seeing them again.
A colleague I work with all day one day, I will walk the other way outside of work not to speak to her - I do not understand the panic or anxiety which causes this at all.

So it is possible to work, but it does take its toll on family life and social life. Your head is incapable of doing everything when it is not well!

shane bevan
05-01-2013, 12:00 PM
You are not alone here. This has been a very hrlpful sitr with many people who have gone through the same thing