PDA

View Full Version : Do Self Help Books help? Currently reading Claire Weekes...

scottishbabe_fe
04-30-2013, 02:42 PM
'Essential help for your Nerves' by Claire Weekes, have read fantastic things about her and her books so thought, i'll give it a try if there is any chance of helping me at all! Has anyone read this book / any other self help books and found they have helped in any way or is this wishful thinking on my part...

maria.g
04-30-2013, 03:01 PM
I have this book- absolutely fantastic and one that you will dip in and out of when needed.

Lin
04-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Not read that book but a supporter of self help books. Even if only get a bit of help from a book it can be worth it.

NixonRulz
04-30-2013, 06:41 PM
To me, Claire Weekes is the best ever. She knew what everyone teaches and preaches these days.

Dont fight panic. Just let it come and go

Lin
05-01-2013, 03:21 AM
Going to have to find this Claire Weekes book as sounds like it is good.

I read lots of things I have downloaded and from lots of things I have got from free apps. Anything is worth trying if you can get even small bit of help from it.

Lin
05-01-2013, 03:23 AM
Forgot to say that the NHS give free access to downloads on papers on all subjects such as anxiety and depression etc, which are good - northumberland NHS service - pdf documents you can download and all good like self help books. Worth looking at and trying.