PDA

View Full Version : Up snd cant sleep :(

sharacel91
04-28-2013, 10:05 PM
In wide awake have had a rubbish nights sleep and just shut my eyes to try and sleep and all of a sudden I had this really bad palp! Then my heart started racing big time now it's made me worry something bad is going to happen along with pains agghhh this is making me go mad now!!

j2005
04-28-2013, 10:11 PM
Hang in there! I hate when that happens. It is scary, but it is the fear response that makes it worse. It dumps adrenaline in your system which increases your heart rate and we often response a second time in fear of the second wave of sensations.

We have to break the cycle by not allowing the first fear to create a response in us.

Practice simply observing the palp. Don't react to it. Just accept it. Tell yourself you've had them before and that's just what your body does.

Hope you get some rest,
James

Lin
04-28-2013, 11:04 PM
I had a whole morning of heart flutters at work a few months ago and felt ill with it, but by end of day realised it was just anxiety from pressure of work. Not a nice feeling but usually just anxiety.
Although any real doubt should get it checked.

sharacel91
04-29-2013, 01:44 AM
I am going back to my Doctor today and she said she may send me for a 24 hour monitoring in my heart she is aware of my anxiety but this may ease my mind a bit. Because I do get them everyday and when I get them it just doesn't feel right.