PDA

View Full Version : Meds not working

Samantha34
04-27-2013, 07:23 PM
Since of my anxiety I can't swallow pills so my doctor and my therapist both agreed with me taking Paxil because it comes in liquid forum. I was taking 5ml and that didn't do anything so I got it uped to 10ml an having been taking it for maybe a week. I don't see any change from the first time I was taking it. My anxiety just seems to get worse with time. Since I have anxiety with contamination it has got to the point where I won't touch my mouth without washing my hands first and won't make or get food without washing my hand first. I have washed my hands so much that they are all dry, and my knuckles and in between my fingers are red and starting to crack open and hurt really bad. I'm not sure what else to do.

DustingMyselfOff
04-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Try to hang in there because if Paxil is anything like Prozac (I am pretty sure they are in the same class) it takes a while for it to build up in your system and kick in. In my case it took a full eight weeks. And please allow me to warn you, it was the worst eight weeks of my life as all symptoms got WORSE before they got better. I developed symptoms I'd never had before and went through one hell of a ride waiting for the Prozac to kick in. Thank goodness I had a doctor who warned me this would happen and told me to use as much tranquilizer as needed to get me through the rough spots.

So please don't get discouraged and don't give up on the Paxil.... it does not work as fast as we'd like.
Hang in there!
Sue

becki
04-27-2013, 07:27 PM
It took me about 3-4 weeks to see my drug lexapro working. Give it a bit more time.

alankay
04-27-2013, 07:51 PM
As a rule give AD's a long and fair trial. They take time to work for sure(3-6 weeks). If it's more OCD Luvox is usally tired but paxil sure should help as well. Alankay.

Samantha34
04-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Thank you all. I will give it more time. I'm just getting very impatient because I just want some kind of relief. I hate worrying everyday all day. It really gets me down sometimes or gets me snappy.

becki
04-28-2013, 06:11 AM
Thank you all. I will give it more time. I'm just getting very impatient because I just want some kind of relief. I hate worrying everyday all day. It really gets me down sometimes or gets me snappy.

I know what you mean about being snappy!!! I hated that the good news is I hardly ever get snappy and,ore now that I'm getting a strong upper hand on my anxiety.