PDA

View Full Version : Hey, new here...

Otherside
04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
So hi. I'm crap at these "Hi. I'm Otherside. I'm new here" posts. Possibly because I don't like blurting out personal info or my whole story at once. But I'll tell you the basics.

I'm from the UK. I am a student...or was. I'm not in college at the mo because of an incident that happened on Thursday that I won't go in to or mention. I happen to have Bipolar Type II disorder/manic depression. It's a more recent problem. My anxiety problems...well, had them for a while.

I'm DX'ed with GAD, Social Phobia and Panic disorder. I get pretty bad panic attacks with no obvious triggers at times that start a feeling of ebing frozen in panic that lasts for a long time. It's horrible. Friends...I have few of them. I'm struggling a bit at the mo, but I'm trying. Anxiety happens, it sucks.

All the best anyway, even though that's a crap hello from me,

Otherside.

Lin
04-27-2013, 06:13 PM
No hello is crap, you have had the courage to start on the forum and that is all it takes to start talking to people who understand and can offer you advice,.
You should congratulate yourself on doing this hello tonight.
All types of depression, anxiety and panic can ruin your life at times during your life and you have to get through it the best way you can.
Talk to your Dr or psychiatrist about what services are available in your area and just doing one new thing to help might help you get on with being a student and making friends. There are loads of things out there to help you, as well as tablets, so find out and find something to help you.