PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified Anxiety

Aaron Janczak
04-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Hello everyone!!! This is my first time posting here :D I have a question I can't find the answer to, but have a slight idea what it could be.
My worry is one of the loss of control. When people discover things by accident-- great things-- they might not consider those accidents to be something opposite of a blessing. But, for a long time, I have. I know I have OCD without a therapist's diagnosis, and am still taking anti-depressants for my depression. The depression was gone, but has come back with the anxiety.
I fear that I've run into some really great accidents in the past, and can't claim my achievements as truly my own. It worries me, because I've felt so much better and so infinite with these accidents, that taking them away would result in a life when the depression flourished (or, even worse). What can I do?
Though I feel that explaining what the accidents are would further break down my ego and will not let that happen, I will say they are legal and safe. I'm not taking any illegal drugs or committing crimes. What I'm doing is natural. Some of it was gathered by my own doing, while some landed on my lap. Will you please help me?
Thank you so much

Lin
04-27-2013, 12:09 AM
If your accidents are safe and help you then there is no need to take them away. But if you have depression you have to find ways to help with that too - just trying exercise or meditation might help with the depression. Everyone has their own ways of handling what is happening to them, so carry on what is helping, give up what is not, and try some new things which might help too.

Aaron Janczak
04-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Thank you so much, Lin!!! I'm going to give some new things a try and wait for time to tell me the best way to deal with this. <3