PDA

View Full Version : Exercise??

Dana1964
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
I was wondering if anybody is trying exercise for their depression/anxiety? I've been at it a month every day for 30-60 minutes. Not noticing a whole lot but wondering if anybody else has found relief through exercise and if so what kind do you do. Thanks, Dana

alankay
04-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Been a runner since High School(30 years) and I think it helps both just as a good diet does. If you feel better..you are better. :) Alankay

Lin
04-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Exercise definitely helps and more so if you find an exercise you enjoy. When I am fit physically I go to the gym 3 times a week and swim 40 lengths a week, but my knees are not good at moment.
But I am still walking as far as possible, have an exercise bike at home, and free weights for arms etc at home.
Have got game fitness programmes too but have fits and starts at these, whereas I keep up the exercise bike, walking and weight easily every day at home.
There are other exercises such as yoga and pilates which are good for you in many ways and less strenuous than any aerobic exercise if you don't like running etc
But just walking is good rough to help get fitter and practise mindfulness whilst out so you notice birds, trees etc and feel a lot better in yourself.

attic
05-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Hi everyone. I run and I love it. It really helps me. And my girl runs track for high school so we both go running together. And it's really fun. And I go biking. Swimming. Am going to run my first 5k in a week with my girl. :)