PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and health

Willo1982
04-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Hi guys sorry for long post but can anyone please tell me if anxiety can create symptoms of muscle weakness throughout the body and also symptoms of being mentally/physically drained?. I dont know if my symptoms of feeling weak in muscles and mentally drained are from being anxious or if I do have a medical issue. I have had nearly every type of blood test done in the past 5 weeks and all come back fine.. no inflammation, infections or viruses. So im now thinking all my symptoms could be from me stressing (really bad) thinking there is something really wrong. I also find that I dont seem to be as happy as what I normally would be. Also I have only been able to exercise a handful of times due to being told to take it easy from my docs. Please can someone give me some advice.

Lin
04-25-2013, 10:42 PM
If you have had tests and they tell you that you have nothing wrong with you, but you think that worry about being ill is causing you problems, then all your symptoms could be just from anxiety and worry about being ill.
If you think it is getting worse as your mood is dropping, and you need some help, go back and talk to your GP and explain what has happened and ask for some help.
There is lots of help for anxiety - tablets if you want them, talking therapies, alternatives such as meditation, reflexology, and herbal tablets.
Talk to your GP about what you would like to help you, but don't wait too long and let the depression get too deep into you before you get some help, the quicker you get help the better it will be.

jamus75
04-25-2013, 11:43 PM
Same here. All test are fine. Anxiety is a tricky sob. It will cause your mind to do incredible things to your body. I still am amazed how my mind can control my body like it does. Now if I could only get it to help me instead of harm or scare me.