PDA

View Full Version : General anxiety questions

yungenvy
04-23-2013, 11:27 PM
I have a lot of symptoms of anxiety disorder, and many doctors have told me that's what I have. I have a few very specific symptoms that worry me.

Feels like my heart flutters
Extreme chest tightness
Weakness after yawning
Sometimes when I cough or laugh, it feels like a slight pop in my chest, not painful, just uncomfortable

I am just concerned that it could be be something more medically wrong than the doctors realize. Have any of you experienced these?

Tmc
04-23-2013, 11:43 PM
Yes! With anxiety you can feel all kinds of things and your mind plays a huge role in that. Also when you do feel those odd things that comes with anxiety they intensify because of the anxiety. Some times I feel like it's a no win situation.

alfred24
04-23-2013, 11:57 PM
I have a lot of symptoms of anxiety disorder, and many doctors have told me that's what I have. I have a few very specific symptoms that worry me.

Feels like my heart flutters
Extreme chest tightness
Weakness after yawning
Sometimes when I cough or laugh, it feels like a slight pop in my chest, not painful, just uncomfortable

I am just concerned that it could be be something more medically wrong than the doctors realize. Have any of you experienced these?

Yea. When I had the heart palpitations i would fell them sometimes when is cough or laugh. Like my heart skipped a beat or something. It's anxiety

yungenvy
04-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Ok. I'm probably just worrying myself more than needed. Is it common that anxiety attacks happen every single day? I've had this for 7 weeks now with no break. Also i've had a chest x-ray, 2 ekgs, and blood work done twice and everything came back normal. I never imagined how horrible anxiety can be.

yungenvy
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Yes! With anxiety you can feel all kinds of things and your mind plays a huge role in that. Also when you do feel those odd things that comes with anxiety they intensify because of the anxiety. Some times I feel like it's a no win situation.

That's exactly how i feel. This is completely ruining my life :(

NixonRulz
04-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Ok. I'm probably just worrying myself more than needed. Is it common that anxiety attacks happen every single day? I've had this for 7 weeks now with no break. Also i've had a chest x-ray, 2 ekgs, and blood work done twice and everything came back normal. I never imagined how horrible anxiety can be.

Anxiety sucks and I hope you beat the cycle quickly.

Very common to have them many times a day. As bad as that is, you will quickly realize they do nothing to you and you will stop freaking out about them.

Once you stop feeding the beast, the beast gets bored and tries to screw with someone else.

You have been cleared with good health. Do not react to any physical symptom at all with concern. You know you are healthy!

Anxiety tries tricking you constantly. Don't fall for it since again, you know you are healthy!

Beat the beast with a stick. You got this.

yungenvy
04-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Anxiety sucks and I hope you beat the cycle quickly.

Very common to have them many times a day. As bad as that is, you will quickly realize they do nothing to you and you will stop freaking out about them.

Once you stop feeding the beast, the beast gets bored and tries to screw with someone else.

You have been cleared with good health. Do not react to any physical symptom at all with concern. You know you are healthy!

Anxiety tries tricking you constantly. Don't fall for it since again, you know you are healthy!

Beat the beast with a stick. You got this.

Thanks. I've been freaking out myself about my health this whole time. I keep thinking that I'm being misdiagnosed even though i know i shouldn't. Fortunately, i see my psychiatrist on May 9th so hopefully i can be properly medicated. Currently i'm on 40mg prozac and 1mg ativan (which does half the job of taking the edge off but not completely). These next two weeks could definitely come sooner. I'm also having issues with forcing myself to go to work everyday. I feel as if i could get better if i stayed home, but i know that's another condition that anxiety causes if you let it get to you. But you're right....i'm healthy and need to accept it.

NixonRulz
04-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks. I've been freaking out myself about my health this whole time. I keep thinking that I'm being misdiagnosed even though i know i shouldn't. Fortunately, i see my psychiatrist on May 9th so hopefully i can be properly medicated. Currently i'm on 40mg prozac and 1mg ativan (which does half the job of taking the edge off but not completely). These next two weeks could definitely come sooner. I'm also having issues with forcing myself to go to work everyday. I feel as if i could get better if i stayed home, but i know that's another condition that anxiety causes if you let it get to you. But you're right....i'm healthy and need to accept it.

It sounds as if you taking the right steps.

The meds will slowly get your mind a little calmer so you can look at this disorder with a little more clarity.

I see you are going to a doc on May 9. That really helps some people

Don't think that you will feel bad until you talk to someone. You can start healing all by yourself

A doc may help guide you along but you will be the one that makes the decision to stop buying into the fears anxiety causes.

nancyga2013
04-25-2013, 10:15 AM
I used to have heart flutters all of the time and they were scary. Stress and anxiety can cause all of the feelings you describe and plus more!!! I believe I have had every symptom of anxiety at points of my life. Anxiety can definitely make the heart rate go up. I know my heart rate was so high one time at the doctors office my doctor wanted to do a EKG right then and there and everything was normal but she prescribed me a beta blocker and set me up with a cardiologist which did a echo which turned out normal. Sometimes I take the atenolol beta blocker because it slows the heart rate and makes me feel better. Anyone else tried betablockers?