PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else seem to get infections and cold/flu's more often?

Ivere
04-23-2013, 03:26 PM
In feel in constant fear of getting sick all the time, I suffer from severe headaches, neck and back pain which causes chest pain, other body problems. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac but have lately been trying to accept and deal with these things (have had ct scans and bloods tests so know I'm ok) but does anyone find they're more prone to getting the flu and infections like tonsillitis, throat infections, uti's, chest infections ect? Do you think anxiety causes this?
I am 20 years old, eat very healthy, could do a bit more exercise but am very thin. Woke up this morning with swollen neck glands, and generally feel like crap. A few people at work have had tonsillitis.
What are your thoughts on this? Does being the way we are give us a more exposed immune system?

trinidiva
04-23-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm scared of getting sick too. I do everything to try to avoid getting sick, but I still always seem to anyway. I am constantly washing my hands, using anti bacterial lotion, cleaning, etc, still I get sick a lot.

raggamuffin
04-24-2013, 03:27 AM
Supposedly prolonged anxiety can reduce the effectiveness of the immnune system. Could just as easily be hyper sensitivity to every symptom or twinge or ache you get and then instantly thinking the worst and your body just running with your fears and creating more symptoms.

Ed